Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of Mytees

I have the Mytee HP100 and it is a really great machine.
    I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with it.
    Its at the dealership not for my side use but I`ve had gaskets replaced 3 times already because it leaks out the handle. Its not that bad at first but the drip keeps getting worse and worse. The last time the guy came out the replacement part was different then the first 2 times. The water drip has stopped but now its not spraying the solution out correctly. I called the place we bought it from and they claim that since we dont use their extractor solution that the other product had alkaline in it and that builds up deposits that clog the line. I have been using AM`s #21 and I do believe that it does not contain alkaline. The machine is not even a year old yet so I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. The guys is coming out to look at it tomorrow but my son is sick and I will not be at work. I will let you guys know what he says.
    Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Hp60 and i have had no problems with gasket. The only problem i had is the push mechanizm on the handle sometimes needed WD-30.
    One sugestion, if it is the gasket, than you can get silicon custom gasket at any pepboys or advanceautoparts. Just a thought.
    Thanks
    "A Auto Detailing"
    Charlotte, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    ive got the hp 60. and i was experiencing the dribble problem ..even when new .. ive been using extractor shampoo and it has cleared up . the trigger handle came loose a couple of times .. other than that its been the best detailing investment ive made .. that & my pc . if you dont have a pc please give yourself a break & get one .. it does awesome work , saves product , very easy on the body .. lots of new guys lately .. dont wait get a pc.. if yo are going to detail for money& quality also invest in an extractor ..
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like
    That is where mine was leaking if we are thinking of the same spot. I will try some WD-40 on it. I will also look into the custom gaskets. Thanks for the advice.

The only problem i had is the push mechanizm on the handle sometimes needed WD-30.
    One sugestion, if it is the gasket, than you can get silicon custom gasket at any pepboys or advanceautoparts

Post Thanks / Like

bigron 62

My trigger handle comes loose alot also. Easy fix though. Even with the current problems I have no regrets. It is one of the best investements a detailer can make. Atleast for interiors.
    As far as a PC goes I never used one. I was taught on a rotary and have stuck with that ever since.
    Thanks again for the help.

Thread Information