Thread: Hellooo.....

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Hellooo.....

There surely has to be someone on this site besides me that rides.
    Been at it a long time. Dirt bikes until a place to ride them became almost impossible to find. Street bikes since 1981.
    Present bike is a Honda CB650SC Nighthawk that I bought new. Light, easy to handle and quick in its day.
    12.6@106 is not slow, but compared to todays crotchrockets, it sure isn`t fast. Just about right for me.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Welcome to the site. Hopefully more people that ride will join. I don`t own a bike, I would like to own a custom Harley, because there are some crazy drivers in Florida.
    2002 Ranger Edge w/ Tremor package, Sonic Blue

2001 Ranger XLT, white

rebmeM roinuJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    My dad had a `52 Harley. I have always dreamed of having a motorcycle but I decided that I wanted to live to see 30 instead. Maybe someday though. I`ll have to meet the right woman.

Just a question though. How is detailing a bike different than detailing a car? What do you have to watch out for? I`d like to know so I could start adding bikes to my portfolio.
    If you would just listen to me, other people won`t think you are as stupid as you really are.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Blinded
    My dad had a `52 Harley. I have always dreamed of having a motorcycle but I decided that I wanted to live to see 30 instead. Maybe someday though. I`ll have to meet the right woman.

Just a question though. How is detailing a bike different than detailing a car? What do you have to watch out for? I`d like to know so I could start adding bikes to my portfolio.
    First off, living to see 30 can be a challenge no matter what you do. Just ride like every vehicle you see is after you because one of them is. You have a pretty good chance of avoiding problems because of the maneuverability and acceleration of the bike. I personally belive in helmets, but that is an individual thing.

Detailing a bike would most likely be much like detailing a car, except for gobs of chrome and so many little nooks and crannies.
    My equipment, cars, boats, motorcycles, doesn`t ever get truly grungy so taking care of them is not detailing in the sense of taking something pretty messed up and making it look new again.
    Just figure it will take you longer than expected on your first one.

Charles

almost time to tailgate tacscar-tim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i`ve rode bikes for years in and off. when i was twelve my dad bought me a honda xl 75 and i`ve ben hooked ever since. i don`t have a bike now but i must admit the itch is starting to hit me again.

here is a couple of my past bikes:

the first was my shadow vlx 600. nice bike but a little on the slow side. v-twin 600s don`t produce a lot of power. the second was my cbr 600 f2. it on the other hand would scoot along pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like

Non-rider but...

I detailed my 1st dirtbike on Wednesday a Honda XR650 ( I think) Enduro bike. I know nothing about these bikes, however I did enjoy detailing this monster. A friend of mind bought a 22K Harley and to date has customized it with over 20K in aftermarket... This is definitely an addictive hobby... For my wifes sake I hope I don`t get bitten by the 2 wheeled bug any timesoon

Tascar: The CBR looks like awesome. Check your PM I have a question....
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like

scooters

I ride a 1999 Harley Sportster 1200c. Detailing that thing can be a pain in the A$$!!!! Lots of chrome and alot of cracks and crevices for polishes to hide in. Alot of folks think detailing a bike isnt that hard cause they are smaller than a car but they are in for a supprise.....try shining one up and see.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a black 1995 Sportster 1200 and a black 2002 Super Glide. Both have tons of shiny stuff and are heck of a lot easier to detail than my 2003 black Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab.

Live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse. By the way, I`m 60+.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll save my spokes for you then.

Thread Information