Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 1 Week Ago

Default Recommendations

Hi guys. This is my first post. I have been washing and detailing my cars for while now but only recently stumbled across this forum. I am in need of recommendations for keeping my black fusion looking showroom condition. I have tried other products in the past but always return to Mothers. My last detail was done in preparation for winter. I drive down to Florida often and take advantage of the nice weather to detail.

So my current regiment consists of the following:
- wash with CG
- clay bar with Mothers 1.0 system
- wash again with CG
- on a recommendation by friends, I tried Chemical Guys Black Wax. I liked the smell and the fact that it dries black, but it did not perform anywhere near where Mothers SynWax had performed in the past. Not worth the $70 per can price tag.
- I took the car down to Florida where I re-washed with CG
- waxed with Mothers Synthetic Wax
- finally applied CG Instant Detailer.

Please let me know what I am doing right and wrong. The paint is in good condition with very minor spider webbing. It was vastly reduced by Synthetic Wax. TIA.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4164.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	839.1 KB
ID:	2066   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4168.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	824.8 KB
ID:	2067  
Old 1 Week Ago
Mothers® Polish

Default Re: Recommendations

It'd a good regimen but personally I'd delete the washing again after claying.

In our news section we announced anew SiO2 spray coating that would be ideal for your needs - it's longevity is over a year, with great shine and water beading.

For best results and maximum longevity you'd want to polish out the minor spidewebbing after claying then do an isopropyl alcohol wipedown before the CMX coating.

It really is a game changer.

We start shipping mid-December so you'll be able to find it right after the first of the year.

Or, stick with the program you have - it's simple and effective, and leaves your Fusion looking great.

Oh, and welcome to waxforum!
Old 1 Week Ago

I just took a look at the CMX product and I am interested in it. Does it need to be applied after a clayed surface? Should I wash, clay, isopropyl, CMX, then Synthetic Wax? Or is it meant as a top coat? Would the Micro-Polish Glaze be beneficial to me? Where would it fall in terms of my sequence?
Old 1 Week Ago
Mothers® Polish

You'll want to clay prior to applying to prevent high spots from bonded contaminants that would make a thin spot in the coating, decreasing its life.

There's no reason to apply a wax after the coating. Coat and you're done.

In your process Micro-Polishing Glaze would come after claying and before waxing.

If you want to use 08100 Micro-Polishing Glaze, you'd want to use a Pure Wax (either 05550 paste or 05750 liquid) afterwards - using a product with cleaners in it would remove some of the glaze, partially negating its effects. But, Synthetic Wax has lighter cleaners than our Carnauba Cleaner Wax, so the removal would be less, and more benefit would remain.

Regardless, in my opinion using glaze means I'd want to use the Pure Wax without any cleaners in it. Others may disagree.
Old 1 Week Ago

@Black Fusion .... There's nothing sexier than a black vehicle when it's "all Mother'd up."

'15 Dodge Challenger SRT - B5 Blue
'17 Dodge Durango R/T - Granite Crystal
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard Of Iz View Post
@Black Fusion .... There's nothing sexier than a black vehicle when it's "all Mother'd up."
I couldn't agree with you more!