Shine? That's not a shine Cujo31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Do you have a trailor or...?

Do you have a trailor setup or do you use their hook-ups? Do you have a shop or use you own residence?

I am thinking of selling my truck so we can save some money and once I get a Mustang just get a smaller trailer. If this project that I am working on really gets going I really only need to detail part time.

Do you have pics of your trailor setup?

Thanks gang
    John ( aka Cujo31 )
    Custom Car Care LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Cujo31,
    I run with a trailor setup. I also detail planes and boats, so a trailor is the way to go for me. Besides at the end of the day I can leave work behind and use my truck for personal (business) use.
    I treat them all like they are my very own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ardetailing
    Cujo31,
    I run with a trailor setup. I also detail planes and boats, so a trailor is the way to go for me. Besides at the end of the day I can leave work behind and use my truck for personal (business) use.
    I agree if you do any of these jobs you will need a trailer. most people I know carry water and power with them on there trailers. I have heard of a few customers not wanting them to use there water and electricity...
    DISTINGUISHED DETAILING

Work and hope, but don`t hope more than you work!

Post Thanks / Like

Full Size Van

I use a 2000 Ford E 150 van and carry both water and generator. The water tank + pressure washer is a MUST !!! It saves me a tremendous amount of time. I have used the generator only a handful of times and my customers have never complained about my using an electrical outlet.

The trailer is also a very good selection, and will provide a "moving billboard" for advertising purposes. Good Luck !!!
    No buff to tuff

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn you people and your pressure washers!
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Just remember to be careful with the pressure cleaner. To strong of stream in the right place and you will remove some paint. If I can`t put my hand in front of the stream then I don`t put the car there either.
    I treat them all like they are my very own.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just remember to be careful with the pressure cleaner. To strong of stream in the right place and you will remove some paint. If I can`t put my hand in front of the stream then I don`t put the car there either.
    Good point!
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Clean Dean,

What size of pressure washer and type do you use? Also what type of generator?

Thanks,
    JR

Post Thanks / Like

Pressure washer

Karcher 2400psi with a direct drive pump. I have a 60 gallon water tank.

I have a Coleman 5000 Watt Generator. I hardly ever use it and its very loud. I normally request a 220 outlet from my customers and I never have a problem other that a trip. If the customer is not home and I get a trip the generator gets called in for service... This has happened 2x in the past 2 and 1/2 years.
    No buff to tuff

Detail City Fire Rescue Gonzo0903's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never, ever underwestimate the power of moving water.....

Last night, our Rescue 1 responded to medical for a man with a severe laceration to his foot. He was pressure washing his deck with a rented high powered pressure washer and accidentally triggered it while the end of the wand was just an inch above his instep... he was wearing a pair of "flipflop" sandals at the time....it cut through his skin like a surgeon`s scalpel!

The guys from Rescue 1 stated that there was so much blood on the deck, it looked like someone bled to death....
    2007 Ford Edge, 2006 Mustang GT, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2001 Ford F150 Supercrew, 2001 Ford Mustang... A clean car is a happy car!

Help, I wanna be a proton
    Post Thanks / Like
    And that just further goes to prove that you cannot protect the ignorant or stupid...

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a trailer too.....I have a Mitsubishi Montero to pull it. Honda pressure washer and generator, with 100 gallon tank and lockbox.

I`m thinking of getting a small enclosed truck and adding 2-200 gallon tanks, 2 pressure washers and 2 generators. Would like to work community days, local ballgames, shopping center shows, picnics etc. My uncle has a BBQ restaurant and I`ve done 3-4 of their catered events this summer with good results. Problem is, it`s hard to get more water in park setting. You have to pack everything up to find a water source which is a PITA.

Just a thought and I may try it next spring.
    Ringo

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are going to buy a couple of generators, I would get the Honda 2000 watt model. These can be hooked together to make 4000 watts when needed or ran solo for 2000 watt to save gas and reduced noise. But they are somewhat expensive. But they
    last and last!!!

Cheers!
    Tim

Thread Information