Thread: Hello from SLC!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from SLC!

Just wanted to introduce myself - I`m located in Salt Lake City, and an avid motorsports enthusiast. For some reason, I usually gravitate towards ford, but I love any good piece of machinery (as evidenced by my heinz-57 variety bronco)...

I`ve been lurking here for a while, but think I might, hopefully, be past the newbie stage now! Great information and forum here!
    -KB
    700R4 behind a small-block ford
    -1973 Supercharged Bronco & 1998 Supercharged Cobra

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to DC! Glad to have ya here and another Ford fan. Ever since my father purchased a `69 Mach 1 brand new I`ve pretty much been a Ford fanatic myself. But, like you, I appreciate all types of automobiles.

Once again, welcome.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, it`s not that I dislike other brands - but i`ve had very good luck w/ the fords, and once you get to know the motors/etc well, it`s hard to start over w/ a brand you don`t know well!
    -KB

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to DC! Not to many of you salt lake guys on here. Nice to have ya! Maybe you can give us some tips on dealing with the salt I hear you guys spray all over the roads up there. I hear there are a lot of mullets up there too. Can you confirm that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Fuzz
    Welcome to DC! Not to many of you salt lake guys on here. Nice to have ya! Maybe you can give us some tips on dealing with the salt I hear you guys spray all over the roads up there. I hear there are a lot of mullets up there too. Can you confirm that?
    Are there ANY other SL guys here? Seems like most people here just let their cars rust away! ;-)

The salt is hell - I`ve had to replace many a body panel on my older vehicles because of it. Wash often is all that I can say - and you absolutely have to spray off the undercarraige, wheelwells, etc.

But worse than the salt is the gravel/sand that they dump on the roads - the rock chips here are horrible, even in the summer. I dearly wish I would have gotten a clearbra when I bought the cobra, before the rock chips set in...

Mullets - yes, they seem to be prevalent here. But Utah is always about 10 years behind anyone else! ;-)
    -KB

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    HA! Well, welcome to the future then. We are probably talking about stuff that you country folk haven`t even heard of yet. lololol

You could probably search using the word "lake" or "utah" and find people from your area. I know there are a few. Good luck with your rock chips and salt cancer.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Kincade

The salt is hell - I`ve had to replace many a body panel on my older vehicles because of it. Wash often is all that I can say - and you absolutely have to spray off the undercarraige, wheelwells, etc.

But worse than the salt is the gravel/sand that they dump on the roads - the rock chips here are horrible, even in the summer. I dearly wish I would have gotten a clearbra when I bought the cobra, before the rock chips set in...

Mullets - yes, they seem to be prevalent here. But Utah is always about 10 years behind anyone else! ;-)
    We get the same treatment here in NJ. Road salt as well as the sand/grit deal. It really wreaks havoc on the front end of vehicles...especially lower, aerodynamic front ends like Vettes and other sport/performance vehicles. Lots and lots of tiny chips. My truck`s front bumper looks like someone started to media blast it then stopped.

LOL re: the Mullet dig . Newly registered and already taking digs at the Fuzz. You are going to get along very well here .

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NattyBumppo

We get the same treatment here in NJ. Road salt as well as the sand/grit deal. It really wreaks havoc on the front end of vehicles...especially lower, aerodynamic front ends like Vettes and other sport/performance vehicles. Lots and lots of tiny chips. My truck`s front bumper looks like someone started to media blast it then stopped.

LOL re: the Mullet dig . Newly registered and already taking digs at the Fuzz. You are going to get along very well here .

Natty
    Nah, no digs - just a little humor! Hope it wasn`t offensive...

I hear you on the bumper - the underside of my bumper and underneath my facia looks like it`s been sandblasted!
    -KB

Thread Information