Thread: Hyellow...

Post Thanks / Like

Hyellow...

Hello to all.

I am a proud owner of a BMW M3 in Phoenix Yellow. Just looking to x-change ideas with other nuts.... I mean enthusiasts to keep the machine looking pristine!

Any ideas to help with the Phoenix Yellow would be appreciated. Currently using PorterCable with Meguiars Medallion Cleaner / #7 and Premium Paint Protection. All and all great combo but still missing the "secret" ingredient to make the Phoenix Yellow stunning and not just fabulous!

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome to DC!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Nice to see a fellow BMW member! Keep posting or looking around to find that look you want! :cool

Post Thanks / Like
    Thnx for the welcome...

Glad to see that I`m not the only nut to shop around for this stuff. My wife thinks I am loco... PS: What do you guys drive and what`s your fave products to use?

From browsing I can see the the 4* stuff is pretty good. I have been using the pro-meg stuff but I am ready for something new.

John.
    Last edited by zeus78; 04-08-2004 at 06:40 PM.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to DC.
    You will get lots of suggestions as to what products to use, so here`s one combination that I really like.
    Meg`s #9 Swirl Remover 2.0
    Klasse AIO
    4 Star UPP

Meg`s Medallion Premium Paint Protection was my mainstay for 10 years prior to the AIO/UPP combo.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Charles,

I don`t know at all the 4star stuff but the UPP is really popular in the Message board. Also I see allot the AIO with combo`s like UPP and / or pure paste waxes... I use now #7 (as I have no need to remove swirl marks) and the MPPP but the results as I mentioned are good but not amazing. I like the color allot but I find it hard to get the first year look back. Does the combo AIO/UPP give you that added depth?

I also have another quick question... When some posters say to go over with polish 2 or 3 times afte a 24 period do you need to wash in between? I have my ca in the garage, I also have a cover but if you re-polish the car the next day do you need to worry about dust and stuff or not really?

Thanks again.

John.

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO / UPP will give you a nice clear / reflective metal flake look since its a sealant. You will need Carnauba to add depth and a wet look / glossy. DONT Polish after you have sealed the paint in with a wax or sealant. Your just removing or leveling the surface. Add more sealant layers or wax layers. Wash with a QD then Add layers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got it! but just to be sure... the AIO is the polish or do I need something like Final Polish II before I seal with UPP and /or layers of wax... Does the polish go between the AIO or before and finally whats QD?

Thanks
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Polish first ... swirl removers etc.
    AIO
    Seal with UPP
    Another product that might look great on that color is Meguiars NXT.
    It adds a wet look like a carnuba as well as an awesome shine.
    It would also eliminate the AIO
    Oh ...Welcome to DC
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by zeus78
    Got it! but just to be sure... the AIO is the polish or do I need something like Final Polish II before I seal with UPP and /or layers of wax... Does the polish go between the AIO or before and finally whats QD?

Thanks
    John
    If your finish is swirl free, you only need to apply the AIO per instructions. Then follow up with the UPP per instructions. IMO that should be all you need for the wow effect. You can top the UPP with a carnauba, but I didn`t feel it made that much difference when I put S100 over the UPP.
    :dunno
    QD = a generic term for quick detailers

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the welcome and the input... What polish do you use/reccomend? My paint surface is in very good condition (almost no swirls). Also 2 questions on the NXT 1) I hear that the NXT does not last very long compared to other products and 2) if it eliminates the AIO would I still use AIO for it`s other properties? (like cleaning and polishing?) - I am having major problems remembering what polishes/what seals and what cancels out each other based I guess on its chemical composition!!!

John.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Charles, thanks again. Now all clear with the QD and the other stuff (you guys are almost as bad as my computer friends with their acronyms... like I say AFA... you figure this one out!)

John.

Post Thanks / Like
    NXT has some cleaners in it (mostly chemical)
    Its durability is not too bad though not as good as UPP.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Poorboys stuff. I use Spray & Wipe daily or almost daily.
    Welcome!!

When I do a ground up detail I wash , clay, use a SSR to remove swirls/scratches, polish with Poorboys Pro Polish and then seal with EX-P. There is nothing better. www.poorboysworld.com

I use Bold N Bright on the tires and Natural Look on the interior. Again, there is nothing better.

I`d say that those products are the best but that`s a matter of opinion. I don`t know what``s best but I`ve tried most of the top stuff and there`s nothing better than Poorboys.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jim.

I will check it out! PS: What color is your ride?

Thread Information