Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like

An few free hours

Allright, it jsut got through raining here, and the radar loks clear for the rest of the day. I noticed my car is still beading, but it needs some cleaning. I dont feel paticularly motivated to bust out all of my supplies and do a number on her. So I am considering the following.

1. Meguiars QD spray
    2. Zaino Z-2 or Megs #26

Not much, I know your thinking right now "And your asking us about this, why?". Well I am wondering if I can clean the car using only the QD, instead of a bucket wash. And then still be able to apply wax afterwards. Since I know Megs QD spray contains silicone and a trace amount of carnauba.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Allirighty, I finally went out and got off my duff. I went out with full intentions to just QD the car and call it a day. Yeah...well that didn`t happen

My father swears by Zaino, and I noticed a box of it sitting out there. So I figured, what the heck, and decided to use it.

So I washed the car, applied and buffed the Z-3 and then observed

After notes: I am NOT impressed.

The Zaino shine and gloss did not even being to compare to what I acheived with Megs #26. Megs #26 was far clearer, the paint seems a little distorted now, not perfect reflections. I will give it another coat soon though, see if it does the trick.

On the upside, Z-16 (Zaino tire and trim gloss stuff) was impressive. The tires seemed to have a nice "new" satin look, but with enough shine to look dressed. Plus it looks mucho nice on the plastic trim. Now to see how well it stands up to rain, but considering that the most rain we have had in a month was for 5 seconds today around 11:55 AM, I dont know if I will get to see those results.

Boss_429
    Tas,

I`ve never used the Z3 before, but I`ve used plenty of the Z2. IMHO, the Z2 is the clearest product that I`ve ever used. It also is one of the highest reflective products I`ve ever used. However, it does not have the warmth and depth of a good carnauba.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just realized I am a moron. Z-3 is for non-clearcoated cars, which is exactly what my car is. DOH!

Oh well, ive got Poorboys coming to the rescue now.

Thread Information