Post Thanks / Like

Polish for white paint?

I have white 91 Acura Integra..I have used Meguiars GC on it and it looks alright, but i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for maximum reflectivity and depth on a white car??...One more question I talked to a detailer about swirl marks on my car and he told me they were not swirl marks but "nics" and almost impossible to get out, any idea about how to get them out? Thanks for any help!

Practice makes "PERFECT" clean4u's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My experience with white vehicles is in my opion is you really cant get much reflectivty and depth out of them. You may can ask Nickc0844 or some of the other guys in here about that and they may can help you.
    "A Clean Ride is a Happy Ride" To some its just a Ride!!!! So True!!!!!

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a coincidence. I`ve got a white 99 Integra. Getting it to shine and look good has been my primary goal ever since I bought it.

Click here for an example of what different methods have produced.

Here are more.

I`ve used just about everything I think. lol The key is proper prep work. The paint needs to be clean and swirl free before you can get gloss and shine like you want. White is tough to work with. Check out the link in my signature for the process that I would suggest following. Its what I do on my car and the results are worth it.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Reflectivity is tough for white. If you`re interested in great gloss instead, I would recommend the Vanilla Moose, EX-P, Carnauba Moose Wax combo. That`s the most "pop" I`ve been able to get out of white.

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO + NXT does wonders for white!

Post Thanks / Like
    My truck is white and it has shine, reflectivity and even pop!

I use Poorboys Pro Polish and EX-P. It really does look different than most white`s I `ve seen and this may be because over the last two years I`ve polished the paint 15 or 20 times with the PC and PP. This process has probably gotten rid of factory orange peel and other imperfections to the point where the shine is greater than most.

But....PP and EX-P have satisfied my quest for the perfect product and I no longer even think of trying other stuff. Tried Zaino. Tried UPP. Tried the Klass twins. It`s PP and EX-P for me. Period.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    We used Poorboy`s Polish with Carnuba topped with EX Sealant on these cars:
    http://www.danase.com/gallery/album09
    http://www.danase.com/gallery/album10

Post Thanks / Like
    To date this is my favorite on white cars (I Have 2 ... 97 Z-3 and a 95 Trans Am)
    After scratch and swirl removal ....
    Polish with Poorboys SSR 1 using the PC set at max and a polishing pad or finishing pad until the product almost disapears.
    Apply 2-3 coats of UPP waiting 24 hours between each coat ... 1st coat by hand and remaining by PC set on 3 1/2.
    This produces the deepest, shiniest and most reflective look on white for me.
    I have used AIO after the SSR 1 and before UPP, while it did add some warmth to the look, t also took away from the reflectivity.
    I keep thinking I should top it with carnuba, but I don`t want to ruin the clarity.
    Just my .02
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    I like PwC with EX-P on white. Depth is tough on white, so I like to concentrate on reflections and overall gloss for a geat look.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve always thought that a couple layers of UPP and a carnauba topper looks great on white. Depth and all that is tough because white just absorbs light without really kicking any back. to get deep and clear reflections out of white is like trying to get brightness out of black. Black will never blind you as you walk by like white will. If deep reflections are what you want then you should have got a black car. If blinding shine is your thing, then white is great for that. They don`t call it `snow blindness` because snow is reflective. :lol Personally I am always very impressed when I can catch some reflections in a white car. It means someone went through a lot of work to get it like that.

The best part about white is that if you can get it blindingly bright enough then you can`t see any swirls or scratches that you haven`t removed yet. :lol People can`t bear to look directly at it long enough to notice anything but the shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks alot everyone for your responses, I`ve been researching on the net for about a month now, wish i would have saved all that time and posted here in the first place!...I only have an orbital buffer and it sounds like poorboys products is what most of you recommend..so will they work with an orbital? if not I`ll just do Carglows AIO-NXT.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a coincidence. ANTHONY I just sent you a PM asking about a good process on white. Looks like all I had to do was check this out.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    See? Searching really does work. lol

As soon as I finish up what I`m doing on my car for this show in a few weeks, I`ll definitely be taking some pictures. I am really happy with the gloss and reflections that i am getting with the WG on the car. I think I`m going to see what some Liquid Souveran looks like on top. I still believe that it has some cleaners in it, but I think the Wolfgang will be cured enough that it won`t do much damage. I`ll top it with some Pinnacle Signature the day of the show and see if it give it some more `POW` effect. I plan on owning that stock class catagory again this year.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Boss_429
    On my 99` white F150, I used a whole bunch of products. In the end, I felt the paint looked/shined/reflected the best when I used whatever polishes I needed to remove any swirls/spider webs. Then I would finish up with a good paint cleaner that would leave the paint surface clean, clear and bright, rather than attempt to add gloss or depth with other polishes/glazes, as products that do that seem to "cloud" up or "soften" the finish on light colors which takes away from reflectivity. Then, I would apply multiple coats of Zaino`s Z2. I often got comments that the truck looked like a "white mirror".

Anyhow, I`m sure that any clear sealant like EX-P, UPP, WG or others would look very similar to the Zaino over a correctly prepared paint surface.

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss,
    That is why I like going straight from SSR 1 to UPP .......
    AIO seems to cloud the brilliance previously created with the polish.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Thread Information