Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Tire & Wheel Care

Tire & Wheel Care Whether you have hubcaps, clearcoated factory alloy, or custom wheels worth thousands, you'll want them to look their best. Metal polishing is also discussed here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 07-20-2005

Default Billet Metal Polish

Does this product polish and protect like Mag and Aluminum Polish or does it just polish?
Old 07-20-2005
Mothers® Polish

Default Re: Billet Metal Polish

It polishes and protects like the regular Mag & Aluminum does.

The polishing media is much finer, though, so it gives a better shine when used on finely finished metals.
Old 07-20-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest T.
It polishes and protects like the regular Mag & Aluminum does.

The polishing media is much finer, though, so it gives a better shine when used on finely finished metals.
Yeah I knew it was a finer polish and left a nicer finish I wasn't sure if it left any protection behind though. Thanks forrest.

Is it some type of polymer protection? This is really a one step product than, clean, polish, and protect?
Old 08-25-2005

I used the Mothers metal polish. I liked it but it didnt give me the same shine I have come to enjoy from the Eagle One Billet Polish (http://www.eagleone.com/_products/0,1032608_faq.asp) I have been using. Over all, the entire process has left me with a good feeling. It worked much better and easier than Wenol I must add.
Old 08-25-2005
Mothers® Polish

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8her
I used the Mothers metal polish. I liked it but it didnt give me the same shine I have come to enjoy from the Eagle One Billet Polish (http://www.eagleone.com/_products/0,1032608_faq.asp) I have been using. Over all, the entire process has left me with a good feeling. It worked much better and easier than Wenol I must add.
Why not compare it to our Billet Metal Polish and see what the results are.
Old 08-25-2005

If you are speaking of the Mothers Power Metal polish, I have tried it, I like it but it just didnt seem to have the same finish as the Eagle One.

If you are speaking of something other than that, please let me know. I am always up to trying new things, especially if those things make this stuff easier. I like the lazy mans way of thinking and that powerball has made this a lot faster and easier.
Old 08-25-2005
Mothers® Polish

Since you were referring to a billet metal polish, our comparable product is Mothers Billet Metal Polish, part number 05106.

Old 08-26-2005

Sounds good to me. I will find some and let you know. Thanks for the info.