Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Poorboy
    Koop, I had a lot of very rich people with nothing better to do...like Superior Shine said it`s $50-60 per hour now it`s $65-75 because they ask questions and constantly point out stuff you haven`t even gotten to yet.

ps I also charged for travel time if they lived more than 15 minutes away....
    lol that is sooooo annoying! I would just say NO! but that`s me. I`m picky about my art. No vewing till it`s done! And yes you have to charge for travel time. Especialy in a large city like ny ny.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Post Thanks / Like

Getting Started and It`s Awesome

I`m 22, a full-time student at Northeastern University, and a part-time detailer on the Weekends.

Me and my partner just started 4 weeks ago. We started with a couple jobs the first week, but then we are getting a couple more customers each weekend. I`m afraid that if we get anymore we won`t have the ability to work just on the weekends. This Sunday we did two full details and it took us 8 hours (that includes 1hr lunch).

What shall I do if we get too many customers?

I don`t know, but the orginal thread talked about rates, my Web site, www.AdvanceDetail.com, has our rates and services posted there. Let me know if you have any suggestions or comments on our prices.

Remember we`re just getting started, so were trying to get a feel for the market and learning new sales techniques.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well you could always raise your prices to meet supply and demand. this should balance your intake for both customers and money.. just a suggestion...
    DISTINGUISHED DETAILING

Work and hope, but don`t hope more than you work!

Post Thanks / Like

Price Raise

What prices do you suggest me raise them too. Right now their is not an awful lot of demand, plus i`m competeing with 2 other business, but neither are offering Mobile detailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go easy on the detailing and use your time to study hard. I fell into detailing because I never took school seriously and I wasted my collage money.

If I had life to do over again I wouldn’t be an auto detailer.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice Superior Shine, I`m working hard in doing both things, I obviously am paying more attention to school because this is probably one of the biggest investments that I will ever make in my life.

Right now I decided to do detailing on the side, so I wouldn`t have to get a part-time job somewhere. I like doing my own car, so I figured, why not other people`s cars.

So far it has turned out great, I think starting your own business, no matter what it is, can be a "school lesson" in itself. In the course of 4 weeks since we started Advance Detail, I`ve learned to sell, price, market, and come up with new ideas and packages the people may want to buy.

If you have any suggestions for me, please let me know. PM me if you want. Also if you want to check out our business, go to www.AdvanceDetail.com.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok guys, bear with me with some of these questions. But I`m really interested in doing detailing part time and just had to get some things straight.
    One is, when you use SG and AIO, people suggest doing three coats with 24 hrs between each coat. So how do you apply these products, or do you use another product all together?
    second is about claying. Are you supposed to clay until the car is smooth or just give it a once over?
    Sorry if they are dumb questions but any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
    VanGo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information