Thread: I Have Swirls

ShineTyme Detailing
    Post Thanks / Like

I Have Swirls

Ok, im getting a little frustrated here. I am in the process of detailing a dark green camaro, it has pretty good swirlmarks and minor scratches here and there. I worked at that thing for a long time the #9 and with DACP and i got hardly any difference. (with a pc by the way) I was using the yellow polishing pads and i could make the scatches a little less noticable but not much. I need a good product that will give me better results? also, after i used the DACP i went straight to the #26, the results dont seem to stand at at all? did i miss a step? it doesnt look any deeper or wetter than if it were only washed? (mabye a little better, but nothing to make it worth 4 hours)

ShineTyme Detailing
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah, and i would prefer to use meguiars or 3M products, easy access in bulk for me here

Post Thanks / Like
    I"m sure that someone more knowledgeable than I will post on this but probably the DACP is an abrasive enough product but needs to be worked in with a rotary. It sounds like maybe the PC just isn`t enough. Or, maybe a stronger product is needed.

In your spot I`d go to an auto parts store that specializes in body shop supplies and get some advice and/or buy a more abrasive product. Or, in the event that you don`t have that store available maybe a body shop manager/worker would be willing to advise you regarding a specific product to get. You might also be able to rent a rotary polisher.

I`d get the more abrasive product, try it with the PC and then if necessary more up to the rotary.

If you do get the more abrasive product you would want to go pretty slow as it may cut through the clear pretty quickly. I`ve been shocked by how abrasive some of the stuff is. I`ve learned (the hard way) to be really careful and don`t resort to the rotary unless you have to and then start slow and with light pressure.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had pretty good luck with DACP and a PC ... However ... When removing deep scratches I almost always use my rotary. DACP should be followed up with #9 or #82 SFP ... IMO.
    I have seen people follow DACP with NXT with pretty good results ... I just like to prep my finish to a higher shine than I can achieve with DACP
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    I wet sanded with 2000 grit this morning on my dark green car. Followed the sanding with FP on a cutting pad on my pc. started at 3.5 and bumped the speed up to 6 after it started to work in a bit. Didn`t get them all but pretty close. I just got my IP in today so i something a little more agressive. So based on my experience, maybe you should was the speed on the PC, FP is supposed to be pretty mild stuff so I would expect DACP would do better.
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Thread Information