Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my experience something like PwC could not be used under Zaino because the carnuba would inhibit bonding.
    It seems as if EX-P does not care if there is any wax/oils etc to inhibit bonding? that is, EX-P does not require the maticulous cleaning of the surface the Zaino apparently needs?
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    any comments for my questions above? ^^^^^
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    I am by no means a scientist but I`ll give it whirl.....IMO EX-P is similar in formula to EX (which contained carnuaba) so I do not think that would be an issue. But how can you tell? As with any product, proper prep is necessary to achieve the best finish possible but i think that as long as the surface is clean of soil and contaminants EX-P should "bond" just fine. Has anyone ever tried applying Zaino without using their prep steps(over a carnuaba)?

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by wifehatescar
    In my experience something like PwC could not be used under Zaino because the carnuba would inhibit bonding.
    It seems as if EX-P does not care if there is any wax/oils etc to inhibit bonding? that is, EX-P does not require the maticulous cleaning of the surface the Zaino apparently needs?
    EX-P does not appear to be especially finicky about prep products. It seems to behave the same as regular EX (with carnauba). I used the prototype version of EX-P over top of PwC and did not notice any bonding problems. Over a 3 month test period, the surface remained slick and very shiny.

One of the characteristics I admire most about the Poorboy`s products is that they are so user friendly. They mix and match well with other manufacturer`s products, can be used in sun or shade, and don`t have harsh chemical smells.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good, I am not a Z expert but have used it for 2 years. I am always paranoid about surface prep as far as it being free of wax and oil, not just dirt and scratches.

I assume EX-P is suppose to last longer than EX?
    If so, looks like I`ll drop Z in favor of it. IMO the best benefit of Z is applying it in Oct and having it last all winter (in MI) until March.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by wifehatescar
    I assume EX-P is suppose to last longer than EX?
    I`m not certain if that`s really the case. EX-P is consistently slicker than EX, but I wouldn`t necessarily say that it lasts longer. The carnauba look of regular EX may begin to fade as the carnauba wears off, but I`d hazard a guess that the protective qualities between the two products would be similar.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information