Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like

Just one of those days. lol

Oh man I had such a bad day. lol I figured I would getit off my chest.

It started when I wash washing the 2002 DeVille. I use a gentle flow of water, not pressure. I was rinsing the lower painted area under the chrome strip at the bottome of the body. I noticed that it was really dirty since it was the area right behind the rear wheel. I scrubbed it with my lambswool mit and when I started to rinse the paint started to wahs off!! I dont know what was wrong with the paint but it started coming off with just a gentle flow of water. An area the size of 2"x6" is now bare! !!!

That was just the begining. After this I was giving it my normal finish cat of wax. I was using Blitz paste wax like I normally do. I normally leave the tin of wax on my little work cart being carefull not to sit it on the actuall car. I picked up the tin of wax and at that moment my pager started to beep. I turned around to reach for my cell phone and somehow dropped the can of wax. When I dropped it out of thoughtless reflex I lunged to grab it. Instead of grabbing the stupid can of wax and saving it I hit it with my hand and slammed it into the side of the Caddilac! It made a awfull little 2" scratch right on the drivers side door. I couldnt buff it out it was a real scratch.

Then to make it worse I have a customer give me his keys last week. I have a custom of going over to his place and working in his garage and I have a key to his garage. Remember the 1981 Porsche I was talking about doing? Well its that guy. I had the Porsche keys in my possesion as of Friday. Right after I screwed the DeVille up I answered the call that was on my pager initally. It was my wife at the Dr office. She was upset and emotional and having pain and needed me to come pick her up since she couldnt drive herself home. So in a nervous hurry I jumped in the truck and drove over to the Dr office and picked her up. Somehow in the nervous insanity I put the Porsche keys somewhere! I was at the Dr office and with my wife for atleast 4 hours and by the time I got back to the shop I had no idea what happened to hte supid keys! lol

The owner of the Porsche wont be home till next weekend and I have all this week to get over there and to the car before he reutrns from vacation. Whats driving me insane is finding these customers keys! I am going crazy! lol

He has given me his keys many times and this is the first problem I have had misplacing a customers keys. What makes it worse it that I now have to take hte stupid Caddilac to a body shop to have the areas painted again.

Insurance is worth its weight on GOLD! lol I think this week is going to be a killer if I cant find those keys. I might be a nut case by the time its over! he he

Have you guys ever done anything like this? I mean scratched a customers car or lost the keys? lol I heard of a guy who locked the keys inside of the car and had to call the owner over to get them out. I wish that was all that was wrong. lol

Best regards,
    John

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dang man that sucks, I would really wonder about that paint that came off with no pressure.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa John...don`t cross any busy streets the next few days and if you hear thunder get inside quick!!!! Man, talk about a streak of bad luck?

The paint thing on the caddy is really weird. Sounds like a bad factory paint job.
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    It was Candid Camera playing a "detail" joke on you...!!!
    Man...sry to hear all that..
    jef

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keys are the devil, thats why Mercedes Benz new 802.11b based credit-card keys are nifty.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a lot of bad luck, I put the keyd on a nail in my shop. This way I always know where they are at. I`d be interested to see what caused the paint to fall off. Its sounds ot me that there might be some rust on the body and loosen the paint up. I`ve never had anyting lijke that happen.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder about the paint on some of these Caddies. It seems they etch pretty easy and they are always subject to water spots.
    Ringo

Thread Information