Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry I need to vent about a guy with a new car.

nton

This isn`t directed at anyone here. I was just out with a friend and he was showing me his brand new car and braging about what a great job he did detailing it. This car is like 3 weeks old. Damnit, shouldn`t it look good already? Where does he get off bragging about how good it looks?! That ain`t his doing! Its freakin brand new for crying out loud. Its supposed to look that way! The car you fall in love with on the showroom floor is probably just paint and clear coat you are looking at. It doesn`t need 17,000 layers of xyz product to make it look good. Its just the nature of a new car with no swirls and zero IFO or oxidation or any of that crap to look perfect. Nothing drives me more nuts than some a-hole with a brand new car thinking that they made it that way. Duh it looks good. :duh I am much more impressed with someone who drives up in a 30 year old car with oringial paint that looks brand spanking new. Don`t you feel the same way? Doesn`t someone driving up in a 2003 model car bragging about how good it looks bug you? Nothing against brand new cars, mind you. I love a new car. I just hate people who take credit for what the manufacturer did. It would be like me taking credit for my stunning good looks. Hey, I was born this way. Not much I can do about it but flaunt it.

Sorry for the rant. I just couldn`t take it anymore. I felt like dumping a quart of carb cleaner or brake fluid on his car just to see what he did about that. I just wanted to punch him in his smug mouth for thinking that his brand new car with a layer of cheap store bought wax looked better than a car with multiple layers of high quality sealants and waxes and a flawless paint job that was a couple years older. Just because he drives a 2003 vehicle he thinks that his car is better than everybody elses. I hate elitists. :ticked :angry

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the only more annoying thing is when somone has a new car, then tries to "detail" it. They end up causing more harm than good, and then they brag abotu their great "detailing" skills.

Makes me want to drown in a pile of my own vomit.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    That was the thing that buged me the most. I know he just washed it with Palmolive and dried it with a bath towel. He probably applied the wax with a wash cloth and buffed it off with a dish towel. There were more swirls on his "brand new" car than there are on my `````in camaro and my car is significantly older than his `03.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah, one other thing. ITS FREAKING BLACK TOO!! Hello!! Its dark out! He pulls up in the parking lot and is all impressed that he can see the street lamp in the hood of his car. Geeeeze!!! :duh Man, I can see the street lamp in the reflection off his bald dome! (no offense Dwayne ) That doesn`t mean that he spent all this time detailing it. Not to mention the fact that ITS FREAKING BLACK! DUH! Black is supposed to reflect. If it didn`t reflect then I`d be supremly disappointed. You can cover a black car with 15 years of oxidation and it will still reflect the street lamps at night in a dark parking lot. What an idiot. I think I`m seriously disturbed now. lol

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    People make fun of me about my car. Its white, but I treat it great. Right now I have a tone of different products on different panels testing them out. All of them look the same to the untrained eyes, but I can tell small differences.

Yes, my car has swirls, but its also from 1990. Its never been touched by a rotary or a PC, mainly because I do not have the money for them. But I treat my car very well.

Its very annoying to see a brand new car have the crap beaten out of it by some new novice owner who thinks that using Megs GC Wax once a year is treating a car good.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kinda reminds me of going to the car show and seeing the 1 and 2 year old cars that are on display. Maybe they should still look pretty good if they are only a year old.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly!! I hosted a car show once for a club locally and my judging standards were twice as tough on the new cars as they were the old cars. The old cars had cleaned out their door jams and all that. The new cars were barely washed. There was still dust in the door jams on lots of them. It was pathetic. People must think that it takes years for a car to look like crap or something. I guarantee you that I could take a brand new car and make you think it was 5 years old in less than an hour. Its not tough.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

wow . . . sounds like someone needs a hug!

((( Fuzz )))

Seriously, I also hate "elitists" or those who simply think their @%#! don`t stink! There always seems to be one in the crowd. If you have a Camaro, they have a Vette. If you have a Mustang, they have a Shelby. . . and on and on. It`s kinda like the friend that always has a story to beat yours. If you went fishing & caught a 21" pike, they caught a 29" one. If you went canoing last weekend, they went white water rafting on the Colorado. You know the type.

Fuzz, it`s not you . . . we all hate those types of people!
    [ 2001 Cobra ]

Post Thanks / Like
    well you always have to look at the age of the person doing it. second its most common that people do this action to justifi their buying the new car. third unless he paid cash...i would have the last laugh.....sounds like to me ..small man mentality...and last he who has never had it ...will flaunt it.

Post Thanks / Like

well....

I just got a new car and lucky me it had acid rain damage to the clear coat. Car was built 07/03 and I got it 08/03. Unfortunatley I picked it up at night so I did not notice the damage until I got it in the flourescent lights of my garage.

I took it back to the dealer who said they would get it out, then called me to tell me the trunk was done (trunk, roof and hood are all spotted) and wanted me to come and take a look to see if I would be satisfied. I told them if they were asking me to look and see if I was satisfied, then I would not be.

Before I took it to the dealer I got a Profesional Detailer`s opinion. He said it "looked" like it had not gone to far into the clear coat and he could "probably" get it out, then gave me a lengthly explanation on what he would do and all.

So the dealer called back and said they wanted to keep my car overnight so "experts" could look at it. I told him about the detailer and they agreed to pay for the detailing (since I feel safer going with my guy rather than theirs).

You do need to detail a new car I thought? Clay to get the what not off it from transit (and sitting in the dealer lot not being babied)..then a good regeim..(dish towels and bath towels, that`s funny!).

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by detaled by hans
    Mr. Fuzz

Why didn`t you walk away when he started making you feel like that??? Secretly did you enjoy it ??? Are you a kick me player????
    Are you a first born?? How was your relationship with your mother??
    a. Where did I say that I didn`t walk away when he made me feel like that?
    b. What was there to enjoy?
    c. A what?
    d. Uhmmmm..... not unless my older sister was adopted I`m not.
    e. My relationship with both of my parents has always been wonderful! I love my parents and I am so proud of them and thy are very proud of me.

My greatest accomplishment would have to be having great relationship with all the hot mommas too! The Fuzz needs the ladies like coffee needs a cup and a hammer needs a nail.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I need to vent about a guy with a new car.

Originally posted by The Fuzz
    This car is like 3 weeks old. Damnit, shouldn`t it look good already? Where does he get off bragging about how good it looks?! That ain`t his doing! Its freakin brand new for crying out loud. Its supposed to look that way!
    Yeah, I always get a good laugh when I see someone post something like "product XYZ rules!" and they post a pic of a black 2003 car, which didn`t need much more prepping than clay and perhaps a light paint cleanser. Duh, anything would look good on that car!

Hans, those are the kinds of questions my wife asks me when I start ranting and acting psychotic because of my detailing obsession.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it was a "babe" showing the Fuzz......I wonder what his reaction would be???....

Post Thanks / Like
    If it was a babe then we would have been too busy inspecting the leg room in the back seat than scrutinizing the condition of the exterior. :naughty

Post Thanks / Like
    I like new cars but then heck I love all cars:-p Here is a 91 Trooper that I did some time back. If you want to brag this is one that you could with. This car has never seen a garge in its life. I`m on the band wagon with you FUZZ that a new car will look great no matter what. Tell the guy to come see you in a year or two. Then open the hood and have a look at the motor or the Jambs he will sing a much different song I know
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information