Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The mullet has struck again! I be banned!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Question waffle microfibers vs. chamois vs. blades???

chamois, blades, waffle microfibers, or a combo? that is the question.

Post Thanks / Like
    waffle weave microfiber towels are my choice for drying.
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    waffle weave microfibers here
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Boss_429
    Even when there were no "blades", or "WW towels", I still wouldn`t use a chamois much for drying. I always felt that a good 100% cotton towels was safer. Now with the high quality WW towels, I don`t need to lug around a big cotton batch towel to dry the vehicle! As for the blades........... some like them, some don`t? I happen to be one that doesn`t!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never liked using a chamois. Like Boss said, a good quality cotton bath towel works better. For many years, I used a water blade, in conjunction with an Absorber. However, I now use waffle weave microfiber towels as I find them to be superior drying tools.

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use a blade and then a chamois to finish up the job. I`m yet to try the WW towel that I order from Dwayne (hmm did I remember to order that..*scratching my head)
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a couple of WWs from Ranney and love them. The other day I picked up a couple of the new Wally World drying towels because they were $6 and you can never have enough towels. AnywayI used it today to dry and I must say it works quite well. I think that if you dont have the dough to spend on a good quality WW then the WW drying towel would be just fine.

AWD I used to use expensive cotton bath towels and got alot of lint. Do you get the same?

Post Thanks / Like
    i am a chamois user myself, so lint wasn`t a problem. the reason i ask is i am always trying to improve my detailing time managment as i am always trying to "beat the clock" and i want to be able to get to more of my clients. lately we haven`t been able to keep up with the work load.(i am not complaining)is the "original big blue" the best waffell weave to go with? any suggestions are appricieated. also i need to learn how to spell.
    rob
    dirt doctor

Post Thanks / Like
    also, how much are these ww going for? would there be any reason to buy more than one? who has the best price? who ships the fastest? dont tell me classis motoring accessories, i dont support them anymore.
    thanks again
    rob
    dirt doctors

Post Thanks / Like
    order from premiumautocare.com
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    We use nothing but waffle weave MF`s to dry because not only are they easier to work with but when using a chamois as you drag it across the surface any unwanted particles missed by the rinse will be carryed along by the unforgiving texture of it and possibly scratch the paint. As for the MF, it is forgiving and if any particles are picked up they will tuck themselves into the weave and away from the surface. As far as the blades are concerned we never use them because it just doesn`t sit well in the mind to drag something of that material across a surface when you could just use a soft MF.

DOC
    :flamed
    :flamedMAKING AZ SHINE :flamed

Is Simple Green Simple?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Based on personal experience, please don`t include the Cali Water Blade in that comparison.

I`m sure some have had great success with the said product but, I certainly didn`t.

Waffle Weave MF towels are the ONLY way to go!

RP

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Dalton
    AWD I used to use expensive cotton bath towels and got alot of lint. Do you get the same?
    I never really had much of a lint problem with cotton bath towels. I switched to the CWB & Absorber to be able to dry faster. Switched to WW MF afterwards for the same reason.

Originally posted by dirt doctor
    is the "original big blue" the best waffell weave to go with? any suggestions are appricieated.
    I`ve tried 5 different waffle weave towel models. Of these, the CMA Big Blue Drying Towel is my favorite because it is the most absorbent. However, it is quite expensive compared to other brands. Every WW I`ve tried does a better job at drying than non-WW towels. The best value may be the Poorboy`s model.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like my cycle dry blow dryer. Very thorough and very safe.

It`s not that fast so if volume is your prime concern you probably want to look elsewhere. I`m a hobbyist and was having problems completely drying the car - no more. I added this comment for any hobbyist reading this thread ...
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I Spray & Wipe almost daily so there`s not much need to dry but when I do I use the WW. www.pakshak.com has great towels and great service. email him, tell hiim you post here and you`ll get a good price on a large blue ww towel. I have several and use them for everything. I`m to the point where I seldom use a regular mf towel. I like the ww better for almost everything.....in fact, come to think of it, I can`t think of any job/task where the ww isn`t better than a regular mf. I also have several of the lighter weight gray ww`s in small and large size and they are perfect for using S&W and doing windows.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information