Thread: Air Filters...

Post Thanks / Like

Air Filters...

Any thoughts on K&N air filters? I have read alot about them and some people swear by them and others say that although air flow is great, they don`t filter as well as typical paper filters. Could they be bad for a daily driver type of car?!@%@#?
    Just wondering if anybody here uses K&N and what you all thought them. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a K&N cause it came with my Injen intake. I have used them on my last 3 vehicles as well. They are nice and I like that I can just clean it and throw it back on. As far as flow, I have no idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got rid of K&N after my stock replacement K&N filter suffered seal separation and K&N refused to honor the warranty. It was because I had lost the originial sales receipt but I always felt that was a cop-out. So when I got an aftermarket intake it was and Air Force One and the intake and their customer service has been great, I recommend them way over and above K&N.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mjhpadi
    I got rid of K&N after my stock replacement K&N filter suffered seal separation and K&N refused to honor the warranty. It was because I had lost the originial sales receipt but I always felt that was a cop-out. So when I got an aftermarket intake it was and Air Force One and the intake and their customer service has been great, I recommend them way over and above K&N.
    Ditto on the Air Force One. Great company.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a drop-in K&N for my blazer abouta week ago. I have noticed a little bit better throttle response and that is about it. I dont know about better mileage though.
    -97 Chevy Blazer

Mod Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    one potential problem is apply too much oil after cleaning, tends to gum up your MAF. That will cause the engine to run poorly.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a drop-in K&N filter, and it helps the motor zing on the top end. The stock filter seemed to restrict the motor when the motor was close to redline. Now the motor has that extra push to redline. The filter also increases the intake noise at open throttle, which is a benefit to some. Hard to tell if the filter increased my gas mileage, because I really didn`t keep track of it before I changed the intake tube and changed to synthetic oil.

Thread Information