Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Got BASS...Will travel!!! MetalSludge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Just saying hello

Hi all. Just wanted to say hi. I havent been in the detailing mode very long since I just got a vehicle that is worthy of putting time into to get it to look nice. My name is Tommy and I am from Altoona PA. I am currently using PoorBoys Products on my truck and I must say I love the results. I wanted to try some other stuff but this ProPolish followed by EX is simply amazing to me and I find it hard to spend money on something now that might not work as well and just become an addition to my already junky garage. lol

:mohawk Tommy :mohawk

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome to DC!! :headbang :rockin

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome fellow metalhead. Stick around here and you will find some awesome tips to keep your rides sparkling and even make some extra money detailing other cars if you want.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Sludge man! We`re practically neighbors (Boss_429 too).

Do you happen to be a fly-fisherman? If so, we`ll have to hook up sometime with Boss_429 and all wet a line. At the very least, drink a few beers and flap our gums a while.

Once again, welcome.
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    NATTY that would be awesome. I am a avid bass fisherman in lakes. I havent been fly fishing since I got out of the service in 96 but I still got all the equipment and I dont have the act for it anymore I can sure as heck slam a few beers with ya. Do you guys like to ice fish as well?

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been ice fishing. When the fish are lying in a cooler full of ice its hard to catch them though. That is the only kind of ice I want to see when I`m fishing anyway. Well, unless someone has a cooler full of Mike`s on ice, of course. Ice belongs in coolers and in glasses. Fish should just go south for the winter like all the sane folk do. :p

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL FUZZ Ice fishing is awesome
    Tommy
    2002 Ford Ranger
    I wanna go fishing now!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The Fuzz has thin blood. You remember ol` Jack Nicholson saying "you can`t handle the truth"? Well The Fuzz can`t handle the cold. LOL

Hey Fuzz...bring that Mullet of yours over to Paris Island, South Carolina :-).

Speaking of fishing.....I guess our 4-Star/D.C. charter fishing trip ain`t going anywhere? Man, I really wanna catch a Tarpon!
    Natty

Post Thanks / Like
    Parris Island???????
    Are you a Jar Head NATTY???????????
    I was on active duty from 92 - 96 and reserves from 96 - 00
    Former Marine Grunt/Sniper here.
    Tommy
    2002 Ford Ranger
    I wanna go fishing now!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MetalSludge
    Parris Island???????
    Are you a Jar Head NATTY???????????
    I was on active duty from 92 - 96 and reserves from 96 - 00
    Former Marine Grunt/Sniper here.
    No Sludge man, I`m no Jar Head. Often times I wish I were. My brother was a Leatherneck for 11 years active. In fact I`m the only male in my family who hasn`t been in the service. Got close, real close but ultimately decided that the 6 years the Air Force wanted was an eternity and I would rather stay a civi. Sometimes I really wonder about that decision.

So you are a former Marine? And a sniper? Man, we`ve got to head out west and shoot some Pronghorn Antelope at 400 yards! I bet we could convince Boss_429 to go.

Did you use a .308 or 30.06?
    Natty

Post Thanks / Like
    Silent Soles leave .308 Holes :headbang

Oh yes I would love to go out west hunting again. I have been out there 4 times. Got 1 elk, 2 antilope, 2 mule deer not to bad of record but not perfect. We took a canyon mule hunt last fall for elk but were there to late and didnt get nothing. Timing is everything out there. But even if the hunt stinks the peace, quiet and scenery are worth it. If you want to go out sometime maybe we can plan something. My cousin is a a ranch hand in CO. and he got some hook ups.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MetalSludge
    Silent Soles leave .308 Holes :headbang

Oh yes I would love to go out west hunting again. I have been out there 4 times. Got 1 elk, 2 antilope, 2 mule deer not to bad of record but not perfect. We took a canyon mule hunt last fall for elk but were there to late and didnt get nothing. Timing is everything out there. But even if the hunt stinks the peace, quiet and scenery are worth it. If you want to go out sometime maybe we can plan something. My cousin is a a ranch hand in CO. and he got some hook ups.
    Holy moly, you could host Cabelas ESPN Saturday morning shows!!!! Man, I`ve been wanting to head out west for pronghorn and muleys for a long long time. Maybe take a stop in SD or Kansas for some pheasant. Being up here in the northeast though Canada is very inexpensive so thats where I ended up going. It was great but not CO, MT, NM or WY!
    Natty

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never hunted canada but I go up there fishing every year the first full week of august. We go to the Megeskane River at the mouth of Fallon Lake or at the mouth of Berthelott Lake just north east of Senneterre Quebec. Takes about 19hrs from Altoona PA to get there driving straight through. We get some decent walleys 20" - 24" and some awesome Northern Pike 40+ inches. My biggest catch ever up there was in 1988 it was a 52". This year was kinda bad up there it rained every single day we were there. We still got the decent walley but the pike was way off the biggest I got was 38" and the biggest for the group was 42". Worst year I have ever been up there and I been there every year since 1986 except for the 4 years i was in the corps. But I did get to catch Peacock Bass in Panama while I was in there and I would love to go back down there fishing.

Boss_429
    MetalSludge,

:welcome

You don`t happen to have a Black Ranger by any chance do you?

Anyhow, I`m up for a combined Antelope Hunting/Fly Fishing trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429
    MetalSludge,

:welcome

You don`t happen to have a Black Ranger by any chance do you?

Anyhow, I`m up for a combined Antelope Hunting/Fly Fishing trip!
    As a matter of fact yes i do have a black ranger. I am pretty sure its to late to get anything up for a outwest hunting trip this year as most places book up around june for the hunting season. I am not sure about fishing as I never fished out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information