Post Thanks / Like

Just when everything was going in the right direction...

sigh, just when everything was going into the right direction, this happens to me. basically, i was practicing parallel parking with my dad. i kept getting frustrated because i was trying to parallel park in the dark, and kept missing my points. anyways, i got frustrated, so i backed up, and without thinking, i stepped on the gas a little, and SCRAPE. awful sound, and i was thinking, ah ````... my dad was cool about it, and we kept going, but i know that inside he was thinking of something else.... i was planning to get my lisense the next day, but things are gonna change... my mom said that we should try another day. heres a couple pics.

edit: forgot to add, the car is dirty because i never bothered to wash it... its filled with too many scratches, and theres places where all the clearcoat is gone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    2nd pic. different angle

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    last image. shows you the depth of the scratch...

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    so what did you scrape it against:dunno
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a high priced lesson to me! Get some compound and take the paint off, or use laquer thinner, then polish. The dent well either live with it or head for the body shop
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    this looks like an oppurtunity to learn paint &body repair
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm, i scraped it against my dad`s white truck. yea, i was thinking of using a compound on it. the good news is that my dad is a snap on dealer, so he knows lots of mechanics, and lots of mechanics owe him money, if you catch my drift. my dad took the car to work today, but ill see what i can do with it when he gets home

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That`s why for your first car you have to get an old car as a beater so when you crash it, it doesn`t really matter
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    well, i took you guy`s advice, and i must say that it looks much better. pretty much all the white stuff came off, but i still have lots of scrapes that went beyond the paint. just a question, with that big dent, can i still take the driver`s test with that car?

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My understanding is that as long as the vehicle is road worthy/safe, it doesn`t matter what shape it`s in. This means lights all work, horn works, brakes work, etc., basically mechanical. If they put restrictions on appearances, I`d think there would be either way fewer drivers, or way more detailed cars!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    yea, today i went to go get my drivers test. i got so nervous, i didnt know what i was doing. first, on a right turn, i had a green light, and i stopped, and then went, and she talked to me about that. then it was all down hill from there. basically, i made a couple more small mistakes and it competlely broke my confidence. on a "yield on green" turn, i knew that i was supposed to go to the middle of the intersection, and turn left when it was clear, but because of everything that already happeened, i began to quesetion myself, and my judgement. so i got all freaked out, and i stayed behind the line, until the light turned red. i knew what i did wrong, and i knew that i pretty much failed right there. after that, i made an even worse mistake. we were heading back, and i was just out of it. so, then i was gonna take another left turn, and i went to the middle of the interesection, but the whole time i was starring at my spedometer. the only problem was, the light was red, and i was in the middle of the intersection . finally, the very last mistake that i made was... there was a pedistraian walking across the street, and i didnt see her and just went right by her... totally lost it. gotta wait two weeks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, don`t beat yourself up over it.

I failed mine the first time I went out for it too, all of... a year ago . Once you make a mistake its easy to mess everything else up just from nerves, but you`ve gotta try to calm yourself because you can still pass. My second time around, the woman in the car was literally yelling at me 30 seconds into the test (for something trivial that I wasn`t even wrong, in my opinion), and I was sure I failed, but I tried to keep my head level, did everything else OK and I passed anyway. Just try to cool yourself and remember that you can always try again. Also, take lots of valium. Lots and lots of valium.

Thread Information