Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: top 3 waxes

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone read any reviews on those Zymol waxes? I`ve read reviews of Souveran and they seemed to be favorable for such an expensive wax. Most of those reviews included the fact that S100 was just as good. I`d love to try some of that $100 per application kinds of waxes to see if they are worth it. What could they possibly offer that is better than P21S or S100? Or any of the other waxes mentioned here? If they last longer than 5 or 6 weeks then they couldn`t be very pure. If they have too much carnauba in them then they would be rock hard in the jar and you wouldn`t be able to put it on your car. it just seems like a whole lot of hooplah to me. I`ll stick to what works and doesn`t break the bank. I don`t think I would want a $100 dollar jar of wax in my garage. Nobody I know would be impressed by the cost of the wax anyway. They just care that their car looks good.

Boss_429

Thumbs up

Summed it up nicely Fuzz!

Post Thanks / Like

Group sample...

I`m sure that if we all asked the folks over at Zymol, they would gladly provide some samples of their $100 to $1700 waxes to make believers out of us skeptics...

I am curious to find a person who has tried some of these Zymol waxes. I am am going to check a couple of other boards and will post the results... If anyone find some actual user review of one of these waxes please post the link...
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they have sample kits you can buy. i doubt it has any of their vintage wax in it, but it probably has the rest of them. Why give away samples when you can sell them? mwahahahah! I love American business rules!

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Technically Atlantique is the most expensive one.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like

k

the only thing that zymol wax is making look better is THERE bank accounts, yachts, mansions, and all the other toys that go along with corporations, ill stick to my s-100 and keep the 1685 bucks left over in my pocket!

Post Thanks / Like
    i got an idea lets put banana and cinnamon bark in a blender and mix it with carnuba wax and sell it for $50 bucks a jar...

the ingrediants sound like they shopped at a grocery store and wax fell in the blender so they decided not to waste it but dump it on someones car. and as the owner was wiping it off he said wow look at that shine.. wow!!!

Dwaye I think you need to come up with something like that lol...
    DISTINGUISHED DETAILING

Work and hope, but don`t hope more than you work!

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well if you think about it, if you wax a LOT of cars, you could POSSIBLY, start to save money of the Vintage deal.

No clue if the wax is any good though.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waxes...

Originally posted by Clean Dean
    I carry only 3 carnaubu`s

1. P21/ S100

2. Blitz

3. Meguiar`s No. 26

Sealants

1. Klasse Sealant Glaze ... Pain in the a#$ at times to remove

2. Zaino ... bigger pain in the a#$ to wait for it to "cure" ... but this stuff is so durable and what a shine.

3. Detail Plus Diamond Plus... Extremely durable !!! Doesn`t add much shine, but use p21/S100 as a topper.

I am definitely game to try out Collinite waxes... I heard some good thing... Onthespot seems happy with Collinite.
    Regarding the points you made about Klasse and Zaino.....you should really give UPP and EX a whirl. On UPP the drying time can be decreased by using it in the sun. Yep, I`ve used it in direct mid-day sun and only let it sit about 25-30 minutes and it was totally dry and still came off extremely easy. And EX, well, doesn`t really matter how you use it it`ll come off almost by looking at it.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like

Natty...

It is time to expand my horizons with sealants. I am going give both these products a try... Thanks
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Tassadar
    Well if you think about it, if you wax a LOT of cars, you could POSSIBLY, start to save money of the Vintage deal.

No clue if the wax is any good though.
    Sure you could save money. If you hand waxed 10 cars a day for 10 years without taking a break then you could possibly use more Vintage than you would S100. How many detailers are going to do 10 hand waxes a day for that long? I seriously doubt that anybody has gotten value out of vintage compared to S100 and the great results it gives. The upfront cost is too high. The reason they have to hand pour every jar (Pinnacle claims the same thing on Souveran) is because they know that it will just sit on the shelf if they didn`t fill the jars on a per order basis. I`ll bet they don`t sell 5 jars a year of that crap. Anyone who is into detailing enough to need a lifetime supply of wax is surely aware of other waxes that are just as good and cheaper. There are numberless bulk detailing supply manufacturers that have waxes for guys like that.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GraniteState
    i got an idea lets put banana and cinnamon bark in a blender and mix it with carnuba wax and sell it for $50 bucks a jar...

Hey stop reading my mind and giving away my ideas
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at an Acura NSX website sometime ago and those folks were in to that expensive Zymol. The guy who ran the site was doing some wax comparisions (reason I was there) to see how good it really was. Too bad I can`t remember the web address.
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah Zymol does make an exclusive wax for NSXs.

Post Thanks / Like

k

same wax for the vettee, nsx, ferrari, japanese cars, german car, just all with a different label, like your nsx paint can tell that was the wax just made for it

i guess some people do believe that and think there car wil dramatically look different once they get the wax that was formulated JUST for the car, yeah sure.

i like the blender idea, how bout we throw some more fruity stuff in there to get more money when it hits the shelves, maybe some aloe, vitamin E, and some antioxidants

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information