Post Thanks / Like

Polishing Question

When starting with SSR2 and finishing with EX and Natty`s, what would one use as a finer polish - SSR1, PP, or PwC? Can someone explain the difference and when to use which one.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polishing Question

Originally posted by MaineMDX
    When starting with SSR2 and finishing with EX and Natty`s, what would one use as a finer polish - SSR1, PP, or PwC? Can someone explain the difference and when to use which one.
    SSR1...clean but glossy look

PP ...clean and very clear look

PwC...clean... warmer and glossy look

as far as when....it`s very subjective to the eye of the owner:hippi
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Boss_429
    Yep, I think Steve summed it up pretty well.

If I were going for a deep/dark/glossy look, I would go as follows:

PP
    SSR1
    PWC
    EX
    Natty`s

OR

PP
    SSR1 or SSR2/SSR1
    PWC
    Natty`s

If I were going for a clearer, more reflective look, I would go as follows:

SSR1 or SSR2/SSR1
    PP
    EX-P
    Natty`s

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss_429,

So it looks like you would be leaning towards the combination of all four polishes. Is that really necessary? You wouldn`t just substitute one polish for another. Sort of sounds like more steps than Zaino.

Once again the color is a deep mahogany (maroonish brown). I would like to get a really deep, wet, glossy look out of it. Assuming it is still going to get 2 or 3 coats of EX on top, then Natty`s. I assume I can use the PC for application of all polishes and the first coat of EX. Then do by hand the second or third coat of EX and Natty`s.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boss is a perfectionist and would rather do whatever is needed to reach his goal, so yes he`s leaning towards more steps than most. I think your plan sounds good and if you are going for three coats of EX..then followed by Natty`s, I think you can probaly do the first two layers by pc then by hand...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Boss_429
    Originally posted by MaineMDX
    Boss_429,

So it looks like you would be leaning towards the combination of all four polishes. Is that really necessary? You wouldn`t just substitute one polish for another. Sort of sounds like more steps than Zaino.

Once again the color is a deep mahogany (maroonish brown). I would like to get a really deep, wet, glossy look out of it. Assuming it is still going to get 2 or 3 coats of EX on top, then Natty`s. I assume I can use the PC for application of all polishes and the first coat of EX. Then do by hand the second or third coat of EX and Natty`s.
    Good points. Keep in mind, that the mention of the SSR2, and SSR1 is only if you have swirls/spider webs to deal with. You could certainly skip those steps (or one of them) if you are comfortable with the prep.

I also like to clean/polish my paint extremely well as the first step(s) in my seasonal detailing.............. for that reason, I will use a product like PP, and follow with whatever products I need to get the paint like I like it.

Keep in mind, that after that first thorough cleaning/polishing, one shouldn`t need to do much additional work, other than a light cleaning, and continuing to top with the products of ones choice for the rest of the year............ provided that correct maintenance is done during the rest of the year.

Hope that explains it better.

P.S.......... If you heard my paint cleaing/polishing steps, and my "Z" steps when I was using "Z"............. you would really begin to worry about me!

Thread Information