Thread: Need some help?

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice for me?

Hello, I`m new to the forums, maybe some shop owners might be able to help me out.

We are opening up a Auto Salon down the road from my house. It`s a 1800 sq ft shop, 400 sq ft showroom, and 1400 sq ft garage, 1000 dollars a month. We have a week before our lease officially begins, to adevrtise to all of the business`s and areas around us before we even open. The area is a very heavily trafficed area, especially 7-9am, 11-1, and 4-6pm, plus lots of business in wharehouse areas, with many fleet vehicles around. SO we will advertise enough hopefully to have work ready when we open. I`ve been detailing cars for the past 7 years, never professionally though, but I know all of the tricks of the trade, and can do a proper detail without messing up anything, and doing a good job, but I am also hiring 2 guys that 1 has owend his own mobile detail biz, and the other was trained by a dealership. So I figure we have the proper help. We are offering, handwashes, detailing, and windshield repair on the spot, no waiting, but will also be offering, car audio/installs, aftermarket performance/installs, and wheels and tire packages, all with anywhere from an hour to a day wait to get the stuff in. Mainly we`re gonna build up to carry inventory, but we`re using the wash, and detailing to build interest in the shop, and clientele. So we have everything needed to start, and I have 3 employees ready to work hard. New to the biz, does this sound like I will have enough help, or does anyone have any experience they might be able to lend.

Plus what insurance will I need, and how much does that generally run? Also how bad would it be to sacrafice a month without insurance?
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need some help?

So how is the shop doing?

James

Thread Information