Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the fitter that the content is the thing that gives Zymol the edge but at my "tender age" I need something that is not going to take hours of "elbow grease". I have instead of the Z purchased my first Pinnacle product; hopefully I won`t be terribly disappointed.

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hours of elbow grease are what is required if you are going to do a proper job on your car. There isn`t anything a wax can do to match a couple hours behind a polisher and the right products. All wax does is add a bit of shine and protection to the car to last you a few weeks till you can do it again. Its not going to do anything for any oxidation or swirls that you have on your car. All paste waxes go on in about the same amount of time. You aren`t really saving yourself any time by using S100 or Souveran or Zymol. Wax is wax. Don`t expect the car to look 300% better after waxing if you haven`t done the proper steps prior to that waxing.

Once you spend a few hours on your car then you can get away with just waxing it every 3 or 4 weeks. Untill you spend that initial 4 hours of detailing then you will just be settling for `pretty good` in my opinion. You have to spend that time to bring it up to standard first and then maintaining it is that much easier. That is all wax is for, really. Its just maintainance. Its not a one step product that is going to shave time off of doing it properly. That product doesn`t exist. I`ve met a lot of people who are looking for a product that will wash, clay, polish, and wax their car all in one easy step. That isn`t what car care is all about. Would you want a product that washes your dishes, seals your driveway, and conditions your hair all at once? You can`t combine all those elements into a `do all` product. That is what those Mr. Clean and Wax as you Dry kind of products are trying to sell to people. Its just cutting corners on a really fun and relaxing hobby.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Fuzz
    Hours of elbow grease are what is required if you are going to do a proper job on your car. There isn`t anything a wax can do to match a couple hours behind a polisher and the right products. All wax does is add a bit of shine and protection to the car to last you a few weeks till you can do it again. Its not going to do anything for any oxidation or swirls that you have on your car. All paste waxes go on in about the same amount of time. You aren`t really saving yourself any time by using S100 or Souveran or Zymol. Wax is wax. Don`t expect the car to look 300% better after waxing if you haven`t done the proper steps prior to that waxing.

Once you spend a few hours on your car then you can get away with just waxing it every 3 or 4 weeks. Untill you spend that initial 4 hours of detailing then you will just be settling for `pretty good` in my opinion. You have to spend that time to bring it up to standard first and then maintaining it is that much easier. That is all wax is for, really. Its just maintainance. Its not a one step product that is going to shave time off of doing it properly. That product doesn`t exist. I`ve met a lot of people who are looking for a product that will wash, clay, polish, and wax their car all in one easy step. That isn`t what car care is all about. Would you want a product that washes your dishes, seals your driveway, and conditions your hair all at once? You can`t combine all those elements into a `do all` product. That is what those Mr. Clean and Wax as you Dry kind of products are trying to sell to people. Its just cutting corners on a really fun and relaxing hobby.
    Fuzz: I couldnt have summed it up better!
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    You know I totally forgot to say that I thought that the super expensive Zymol was ridiculous. Personally I would never spend more than$50 on a jar of wax. If you look at the percentages of carnuba in their line the best value I think is the “Titanium” at 51% total carnuba (80% yellow and 20% white). They say it’s for SUV’s but c’mon who cares? You can spend $180 on “Concours” at 47% total carnuba (90% white and 10% yellow), but I do not know how important the difference between white and yellow carnuba is. Especially since you are not really building up a substantial layer. It’s my understanding that most companies use yellow carnuba anyway. The “Vintage wax for life” is $1650 and has 61% total carnuba made up entirely of white carnuba. But I think the only people that buy that have more money than brains.

I totally agree with the Fuzz that you have to put in the hours on the paint prep. If you do not do that the best wax in the world won’t help you. Wax is merely there to add a final shine and protect your polish job.

Peace

Post Thanks / Like
    I think good old fuzzy boy expended every word in his vocabulary for that post. lol I`ve never seen him post anything so long before. And he did it all without a :headbang or a :naughty. Somebody better check the ID on that post.

I agree 100% with what Fuzz said. Wax isn`t much of a product for me anymore. Its great and everything, but I use way more UPP and AIO than I use wax. Wax is just too fragile and doesn`t protect as much. I mean, if you were going to use sunscreen on your body to protect against cancer, would you use something that is 99% effective or one that is 30% effective? When you know that something isn`t going to protect very well I think you should probably find something else for that purpose. I use wax for appearance only. Polish and seal to protect and then wax to perfect. Appearance is the only thing waxes are good for these days. Their protection is just so minimal compared to sealant. I`ll always have lots of wax around and I`ll use it frequently, but its an appearance product and not much good for anything else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, after Jngrbrdman`s PM, I think I will not go with it. I have had cars win shows detailed by myself with P21S.....would spending $1650 really make that much of a difference? I guess the way I was looking at it was I am detailing a millionaires fleet this week who knows of the detailing industry, and I am hoping that they are not expecting something of that sort.

Thefitter, you have an excellent point there on the Titanium for the value. From my research, I have found that white is better for shine/wetness, while yellow is more durable. Still at $50, is it really worth $1600 more for 10% more? Doubtful....I guess I just like trying new things. It would be great to say, "Yeah, I`ve waxed my car and the materials cost about $100 themselves", but would the results show? Who knows :dunno
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information