Thread: Too thin???

Post Thanks / Like

Too thin???

First Steve let me say that I had a chance today to use those PVAs you sent me, wow, best applicator I have ever used. They took me about one panel to get the hang of it. Very good at getting to tight places and right up to edges. Also, it made applying EX-P thinly a breeze, which brings me to this question:

Today when applying the EX-P I used a damp PVA. I put a small amount in the center and used my finger to spread it over the surface of the PVA. Then in front to back motions, overlapping my stokes I gave a few swipes moving over the panel till it was covered then removed. Removal this time around was super easy, so that problem was solved. Application was super easy with the PVA damp, and applying thin. However, my question is there is some areas where the excess is visible, and areas where its not. At points I would apply it where it would be very hard to see if it was on the paint, but after buffing the residue I am assuming was there off the slickness picked up quite a bit. I guess its no big deal as each of my cars will eventually get 3 or more coats on. How does this sound? Are there areas where you may not see it but it still got into the paint? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yah -the hard part about sealants is that applying it thin means sometimes you can`t see it ! - I did a silver beemer (WOOB!) using UPP and the PC and you really had to bend to see it on the paint. Best I can tell you is to go over the car throughly when you remove - if it is slick when you go over the area with your MF then you got it all right
    You have activated my special ability....

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes breakneckvtec it is possible that there is product where you don`t see it clearly as it is a very clear product. using multiple coats 2-3 can assure you that you`ll have complete coverage.
    the PVA is really good for those real thin coats, as I have had many user of different products tell me they`ve gotten the best even and thin coats from the PVA`s....

All in all it`s a learning curve for every product you try...it should get even easier
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Groe I`m Here. The best way to notice the layer is to bend down and just see the curing film from the light. I just started doing my third coat and the best way is to see where you overlap for the coat.

Which reminds me, how much UPP / panel? My damp MF app works extremely well.

Thread Information