Post Thanks / Like

Ex-p & Carbanuba ???

i have a few questions.
    Can i apply a carbanuba wax right after i apply Ex-p? or do i need to wait a day for it to cure?

Also is there a difference in looks from using a combo like Ex-p + Wax, compared to just Wax alone? Or is it just a matter of protection to apply the sealent. My car is black. Thanks.

No Woolpad Butchers Here! EZ Boy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should be using EX (it contains carnauba) and leave the EXP for white and silver cars. You can however top EX with EXP because the EXP is clear. Best to apply two coats of EX (to get best coverage) and follow up 24hours later with Nattys Carnauba Wax. You will need to reapply the Natty`s or any wax for that matter every month, you can touch up with Quick Detailer Plus to restore the wax layer between big applications and after washing.

Boss_429

Re: Ex-p & Carbanuba ???

Originally posted by SOG35
    i have a few questions.
    Can i apply a carbanuba wax right after i apply Ex-p? or do i need to wait a day for it to cure?

Also is there a difference in looks from using a combo like Ex-p + Wax, compared to just Wax alone? Or is it just a matter of protection to apply the sealent. My car is black. Thanks.
    To answer you first question........... with most waxes or sealants, you should wait 24 hours before apply another coat of "anything"! EX-P is one of those products.

There can be a difference in looks depending on the "combo" that you are using. EX-P gives a very clear & reflective look........... and if you like that look, it will look great on any color........... not just light colors. However, I highly recommend it on light colors topped with Natty`s or P21S/S100. When you use carnauba`s, you will tend to see a richer/deeper/softer look than most sealants. Depending on the products you have, the combination of EX-P/carnauba topper can really look exceptional.

Good luck.

Thread Information