Post Thanks / Like

P21S Total Auto Wash & OXO ....

I saw Dwayne has P21S Total Auto Wash on sale and I read a review that it is very safe and somewhat cleans well. I was thinking of getting an OXO wash brush for those VERY dirty / grimmy areas that can`t be cleaned but normal car mitt techniques. These areas have dirts that just too built up for me to scrub. I think a brush and a special cleaner will help for the skirt / quarter panels / low sections. Might even use the P21s TAW / Brush technique for the front.

Anyone got any recommendations? I didn`t get a pic but man those lower sides dirt!

Post Thanks / Like
    yea, i was thinking of buying a couple OXO brushes myself. anyone got any recommendations?????
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    Feather Tip wash Brush, spoke wheel brush, and tire brush for me. gonna do it right even though i got more brushes coming. I guess it beats elbow grease!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an Oxo brush and it works great on wheels. Never tried it on a painted surface though. The P21S total wash is good stuff also. Beware that it will strip wax though.
    I love the smell of EX-P in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    aceofspades how well does it clean? I would use it on areas where the tires pick up dirt and the front. I`ve heard DavidB over on Autopia use it for stuff like that. :dunno

I trust the OXO brushes, hear they can hold up very well unlike my WallyMart brush! And its either polishing this dirt (ugh) or brushing it off with little to no marring

Post Thanks / Like
    Woob, the P21S is a very strong cleaner. Citrus based wash in fact. It will clean a lot (more than a normal car wash). I primarily use it as a pre polish wash instead of dawn. Like I said, be prepared to add a fresh layer of sealant or wax after using it. Hope this helps.
    I love the smell of EX-P in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Woob - Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by awd330
    Woob - Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it.
    :wait marj your always looking out for your fellow bmw member! but being part of DC kinda makes you part of PAC regular buyer club! I dunno still trying to decide. Got any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Woob
    :wait marj your always looking out for your fellow bmw member! but being part of DC kinda makes you part of PAC regular buyer club! I dunno still trying to decide. Got any suggestions?
    You already have quite a lot of supplies. Can you think of any category of products that you are missing? Try to fill in any gaps before ordering duplicate items. High quality microfiber towels are nice to have. Have you ever run short on towels during a detail? If so, maybe you could stock up there. But, you really shouldn`t try to make up reasons to buy something. If you have a good reason to buy a product, and you can afford it, then buy it. Otherwise, keep your impulse buying in check. Rest assured, there will be other sales somewhere down the road.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Marj! I did a detail for my friend and this car sits outside just caked with dirt! The only cleaning it ever got was from rain. But The dirt is built and caked on to a point where my wash mitts don`t do a dent. Its the areas behind the front wheel / rear quater panels that get stubborn debris ` dirt.

:dunno I have enough waxes, light/medium polishes, and I guess cleaning supplies. I do lack high quality paint MF and detail tools. Gotta sleep on it

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by awd330
    You already have quite a lot of supplies. Can you think of any category of products that you are missing? Try to fill in any gaps before ordering duplicate items. High quality microfiber towels are nice to have. Have you ever run short on towels during a detail? If so, maybe you could stock up there. But, you really shouldn`t try to make up reasons to buy something. If you have a good reason to buy a product, and you can afford it, then buy it. Otherwise, keep your impulse buying in check. Rest assured, there will be other sales somewhere down the road.
    Thanks! That is good advice for us all. I find myself doing a lot of impulse buying and the shipping costs add up. It is fine to wait for a sale to buy stuff, but I`ve been guilty of wanting to buy, buy, buy lately...I only have one car and there is a limit to what I can try, LOL. I`ve enjoyed reading your posts...you always seem to tell it like it is and seem willing to help others.
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t have the OXO wash brush, but I do have their wheel brush and it`s awesome. The feathered-tips are extremely soft and seem to be very durable as well. Overall, it`s very well constructed and does a great job at cleaning my wheels. I`ve been eyeing a wash brush as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Woob - For your friend`s filthy car, you might want to try mixing up a stronger wash solution. Try doubling the recommended dilution (example: instead of 1 ounce per gallon, up it to 2 ounces per gallon). Loosen the dirt with a strong jet stream of water, then use an old mitt (I always save 1 or 2 of my oldest mitts for "grunge" duty) to apply the shampoo to the soiled areas. Let it soak for a few minutes (make sure you are washing in the shade for this part), then go over the spot again with the mitt. A soft wash brush probably won`t do a lot more than you can accomplish with a mitt and some elbow grease. Be sure to follow up with some polish and protection. If you don`t want to invest time in a full detail, at least use a decent one-step product.

mtodde - Thanks for the kind words. I do try to just "calls them as I sees them". I also don`t mind helping anyone who is polite and truly seems interested in learning. Detailing, as well as playing with detailing supplies, is one of my favorite activities. I`m probably considered a frequent buyer at PAC too, but I try to consolidate orders whenever I can. Gotta meet that free shipping threshold ya know.

Post Thanks / Like
    awd330 I saw the car and I knew I needed extra soap just to clean up the car so I used about 4 caps of Mother`s Wash. Maybe use an APC or Degreaser? I need to try my bug/tar remover. It just might need a polish job. I want to get rid of all the loose/stuck dirt not dirt buildup.

Thread Information