Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys Sale! What`s a must have?

I might be the first to say this but I used the AIO and SG for the first time on my black accord and I wasn`t that happy with the results. I followed the directions from CMA and various tips from the board but it wasn`t that smooth and sparkling as when I used 3M products with my PC. I must say it looked a lot better on my wife`s silver santa fe but still not as smooth as the 3M.

I`m always looking for different stuff for myself and an on the side detailing business. It has to be quick and easy and not require cure time(durability would be nice). After some research I have read wonderful things about Poorboys product line. I`ve only tried BNB and I really like it but now that they`re having a sale (35% off) I want to try some other things. Just a few questions.

1. What`s a MUST have from their product line?

2. Is EX better for black and EX-P better for silver or does it really matter? I would rather just get one. Also, do you get better results using VM with them?

3. What SSR do most people get? I have some pretty good swirls from winter car washes. Not horrible but noticable.

4. PP seems versatile. What do you guys use it for?

5. Is Nattys better than S100? I just got S100 for that summer time POP but I have no plans on using during the Jersey winters. Is nattys more durable and does it give a POP?

Thanks for your help!!!

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would say a basic Poorboy`s kit should include;

SSR2.5
    SSR1
    PWC
    Natty Wax
    Spray and Wipe
    Natural Look
    BNB

SSR2.5 will tackle most problems short of those requiring a compound type of abrasive. SSR1 will leave an incredibly slick and glossy finish and set things up nicely for a final sealant. WPC is a great one-step for finishes already in pretty good condition and leaves a nice wet, fairly deep look on darker colors, Natty Wax completes the picture with a very wet, clear gloss. Neither the PWC or Natty Wax require any eal "cure time" other than however long it takes for them o haze up (usually not more than 5 minutes).

If you want to go with the EX-P sealant then I would use PP as the prep. I personally use PP more as a paint cleaner than a tradiional polish.

All of the paint finish products I mentioned can be used just fine by hand, PC or even rotary (sans the Natty paste wax) and used in sun or shade.
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys on sale??

MrC, who has the 35% off sale?

As far as Poorboys is concerned, how does EX-P on top of PwC look on a black and/or a silver metallic car?

Will the PwC take out minor scratches?

Since Poorboys doesn`t have a wax, what wax works well with their products?

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboys has Natty Wax. Often compared to S100, and recently to Souveran.

And Yeah....Where IS it on sale?
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there gonna be enough stuff to go around or will everyone call tomorrow and wipe out the Poorboy inventory?!?!?
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    www.poorboysworld.com Congrats to Steve for only 2 years? Wow I thought Steve has been in business longer than that! Everyone start flooding his phones!

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    :wait Steve!!!
    There`s a glitch with your banner!!! (at least on my computer)

If you go to www.poorboysworld.com , no banner. If you then click on "home" you see the banner. I tried this from a Google search and went to the listing for Poorboysworld and .... no banner!

Just thought I`d voice my concerns.

And what`s this "Instock Only" ? I sure hope you`re well stocked!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve, are you going to wake up early on Saturday to take orders?

Post Thanks / Like
    Darn... I just sordered my PB products yesterday from premiumautocare.

Oh well, I can still stock up on MF`s.... as I understand it the MF kits are not on sale but the individual towels should be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Or you can be like Zymolkk and buy one of everything but save a ton!

That really is a sweetness deal you got there Steve!

Don`t forget to pick up one of the smooth new shirts!!
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Big Leegr
    :wait Steve!!!

If you go to www.poorboysworld.com , no banner. If you then click on "home" you see the banner. I tried this from a Google search and went to the listing for Poorboysworld and .... no banner!

I was wondering what everyone was on about, I went to Steve`s site and didn`t see any sale around, it`s only when I clicked on `home` then d banner appeared ,

I think Steve`s too busy to be here today, he`s on the phone hehe,

Congrats Steve for Poorboy`s 2nd Anniversary. :drunk
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JaredPointer
    Is there gonna be enough stuff to go around or will everyone call tomorrow and wipe out the Poorboy inventory?!?!?
    On some items...we are updating the site today..we are out of some products

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Leegr... Steve!!!

And what`s this "Instock Only" ? I sure hope you`re well stocked!

thanks for the note..I think it`s a Canadian thing works fine from here:rolling

yes I`m not doing back orders, too much to remember:crazy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woob....... www.poorboysworld.com Congrats to Steve for only 2 years? Wow I thought Steve has been in business longer than that! Everyone start flooding his phones!

If you don`t get an answer, that mean I`m on the other line:-p

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

andriver.... Steve, are you going to wake up early on Saturday to take orders? :nono 9am - 7pm eastern time
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoops, what I meant to say is Since Poorboys doesn`t have a wash, what wash works well with their products? Anyway, I started a new thread and re-asked my question since the sale is now the topic, and my question got kind of lost in the shuffle.

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Newbie so excuse my ignorance. This is what I have in my arsenal AIO, SG, FP, S100, DACP, and #26. Are any of these compatiable with Poorboys? I`m especially wondering if S100 is compatible.

2. After reading the boards I thought I would need an SSR, EX, then Natty`s, but after reading some more they have thrown PWC into the mix. I thought Natty`s was the same as PWC.

3. What is VM equal to in the PB lineup?

I`m so confused. There are so many combinations

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MrC
    1. Newbie so excuse my ignorance. This is what I have in my arsenal AIO, SG, FP, S100, DACP, and #26. Are any of these compatiable with Poorboys? I`m especially wondering if S100 is compatible.

2. After reading the boards I thought I would need an SSR, EX, then Natty`s, but after reading some more they have thrown PWC into the mix. I thought Natty`s was the same as PWC.

3. What is VM equal to in the PB lineup?

I`m so confused. There are so many combinations
    1) You have SG as a sealant for AIO, good classic combo. DACP / FP are polishes, useful so you COULD skip out on 2.5 or 1. 26 is a durable / wet wax. Maybe try a light sealant like EX-P?

2) PwC is like a glaze, but its good 1 step since it cleans/takes little swirls/makes a nice setting for a sealant or wax. Natty`s is a bright paste wax

3) VM is sorta like PwC, but it adds more to the paint, and it depends on the user`s perspective.

Enjoy :cool

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information