Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 10-15-2018

Default Wax applied by hand

I know mothers offers other types of waxes besides the spray wax which I use each week after a wash since spray wax, I've read, doesn't last long. I want longer more durable protection but I'd rather apply it by hand. I don't want to be bothered to buff with a DA each time. Can I buff mothers synthetic wax or the step 3 wax by hand?
Old 10-15-2018
Administrator

Default Re: Wax applied by hand

When you use a product like a traditional spray wax, especially when you use it after a wash and either as a wax-as-you-dry or a after you dry product, the longevity should not be of much of a concern.

When you make a product like a spray wax easy to use, that ease of use comes at a price -- longevity.

That said, all of our traditional apply-with-an-applicator and let-dry-to-a-haze products can be applied by hand (as well as machine) and we always recommend to remove by hand no matter how you apply it -- and that includes our liquid or paste versions of Synthetic Wax or carnauba products.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Old 10-15-2018

Thanks for the info. I try my best to take care of my cars however claying and waxing is new to me. I'll be ordering another of mothers wax products. I'm not sure which one yet.

Oh if I could mention something else. I bought lots of mothers products recently as I want one source for everything. I don't want to buy a spray wax from one company and a protectant from another. No harm in that really but for me its not the way to go. I like the idea of getting all I need from one company. My shelf is full of red bottles lol.

Speed clay is a fantastic product btw.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I usually spray wax as I dry my car after a good car wash. Even if done on a weekly basis, can't say the spray wax doesn't last that long because I apply maybe a bit too often. The shine is real good after, the spray wax (Cal. Gold Spray Wax) even if it may not last as long as hand applied wax is still great since it is very easy to use.

I'm not sure what Mothers products you have, but I recommend Speed Interior Detailer and Speed All Purpose Cleaner. If you don't have it yet, get it. I dig those 2 products. I've still to try the Speed Clay 2.0.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

The speed clay removed most of the rail dust on my white car. Some dust could not be removed after many passes. Overall I'm very satisfied. The surface was smooth as glass and didn't take long to do the whole car. I used mothers detail spray as a lubricant and completed one panel at a time. I quickly sprayed the bottom of the speed clay before applying it to ensure it would slide easily.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Could it be the rail dust is gone but there are some remnants of stains? A light polishing is recommended for those areas affected -- and often our California Gold Brazilian Carnauba Cleaner Wax is all you need.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Oh I didn't realize it could be stains left and not actual dust. Thanks for the info. Considering the way I care about my car I should polish it sometime. I actually avoid walking in or sitting in or brushing against anything that looks dirty and oily so I don't bring gunk into my car to stain it. I also never park next to anyone unless I absolutely have to. So yeah its a wonder I haven't attempted to polish to polish my car yet.
Closed Thread