Thread: tree sap?

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like

tree sap?

I notice at times when a vehicle is parked under a tree overnite there seems to be something on the winshield that looks like tiny little clear dots. Is this sap that is released from the leaves? I know that pine trees forsure do this, but maybe I shouldn`t be parking under regular trees?
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Post Thanks / Like
    III - not only does sap appear over night but even in just a few hours. I park my machine in my garage over night but during the day I`m stuck with outside parking near trees. Darn, that sap doesn`t take long to find my car. Oak Trees are notorious but so are many other trees.

I think it`s just a fact of life in the Spring. I make sure that I keep a lot of QD on the car. Makes removing the sap much easier.

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Dr Groove
    I think it`s just a fact of life in the Spring. I make sure that I keep a lot of QD on the car. Makes removing the sap much easier. [/B]
    I assume this would occur in the summer also, or basicly whenever there are leaves on the trees? Actually another question I have is this: how come I don`t see the sap on the driveway or grass from my trees, but I see it on my vehicle if I park under it?
    Last edited by III; 04-29-2004 at 08:09 PM.
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Post Thanks / Like
    III - Yup, summer too. It brings out the sap like crazy. I think it might have to do with heat stress on the trees, although I`m not sure. I may have to research this. However, when Sept. rolls around I find that the sap stops.

Anyway...we have oak trees on the property and all summer long they drop little droplets of sap. When I pull in the driveway to open the garage door by the time I get back in the car there`s droplets all over the windshield! It`s unreal. I wear glasses and I can even see the stuff on my lenses !!!

I think that Pine tress are the worst culprit dropping very large drops that are very difficult to remove if left on too long.

I wonder if there are any tree experts out there who can shed some light (no sap please !) on this subject???

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a big problem with that,until I started using the PB stuff . I`ve got a few EX coat`s on it and now when the sap hit`s I breakout the S&W and waaalaaa.....gone !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    remember that if the sap gets stuck and won`t come right off it will with a clay bar

Post Thanks / Like
    are there any chemicals that anyone would recomend for the removal of tree sap... I have it on the black trim all around my windows. At first i thought the trim was just decaying, but a friend at work told me he had the same problem. He suggested some house hold cleaners that I dont want to get near my paint. Any suggestions?
    Starting up mobile business...
    any advise would be appreciated:
    business plans
    legal issues
    insurance

Thread Information