Thread: Need more help>

Post Thanks / Like

Need more help>

All of a sudden I find myself booked up 3 weeks out, plus I have been getting calls from people wanting to get their car done asap. Some are willing to book way in advance, however I have lost at least 6 cars because I can`t get to them soon enough. My company is set up as a sole proprietorship under a limited liability agreement. Does anyone know if I can get away with paying someone cash on the side to help me out. thanks
    turbomangt
    www.perfectautofinish.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t investigated the laws in my area but I`ve done it several times. My neighbor owns a landscaping business and he`s been doing it for 10 years.

Typically I get my brother in law to come and help me on his days off and pay him cash at the end of the day. It really helps me get caught up when I get behind due to high demand or bad weather.

Good Luck and congrats on all the business!!
    Ringo

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing you may want to consider is insurance liability. If you are paying someone cash, i.e. off the books, your insurance most likely will not cover them should they goof on something.

BTW...congrats on the thriving biz!

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Looking for 22% Discount TheCompleteLook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish we could all have these problems...
    It is true that paying someone labor under the table is not what the IRS considers to be an ideal situation. This is only cause the IRS wants their cut. You can pay them as an independent contractor, get a W9 from them and issue them a 1099 at year end, but you don`t even need to do that unless you pay them over $600. This of course assumes you declare EVERY job for tax purposes and you want to stay 100% straight - now tell me the truth, do you really do that!?!?!?

My entertainment accounting experience does pay off sometimes!

Truth - watch for your insurance coverage!!

Keep up your good work, we all know that`s how you are getting the business!
    Rob
    www.thecompletelook.net

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey kind of an off the wall idea but i`m a 3 hour drive away! If your weekends are booked i`m could come down and offer some aid. I`d probably need a few pointers though.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

wayne
    Congrats on your growing business
    I am working 13-14 hours a day now and it gets VERY tiring.
    I would think about the "workers comp and liability" just in case AND be sure to know who you are working with, as you will be liable for any accidents or damage to the customers car, whether it is a scratch caused by using a soiled wash rag, debris in the buffer, etc, or a stolen CD case.
    Just some thoughts...

Thread Information