Thread: Foam Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Foam Pads

was wondering if it is ok to use the same pads on different color vehicles using the same product. second, how often should these pads be cleaned and how many uses can one expect from the pads. third, what are the best pads to use for the cyclo polisher (awesome product by the way). i bought 2 sets of the white, green, yellow, baby diaper, & mf bonnets/pads. is there a particular brand name that is better than the other when it comes to these pads for the polisher? One last thing, when buffing which will be the better of the two the baby diaper bonnets or the mf bonnets? If neither could one please give me another alternative.

Thanks In Advance!

Nuttie1

Shine? That's not a shine Cujo31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not familiar with that polisher but I use my Griots pads on all colors. I think the main thing is, is to use one product per pad. I clean my pads after every use and maybe a rinse or 2 while buffing. I use a mild hand soap and warm to hot water to clean the pads and scrub them a bit with a soft toothbrush.
    John ( aka Cujo31 )
    Custom Car Care LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    3m has great foam pads for all colored cars. Check them out..

Post Thanks / Like
    Since you are using a Cyclo then the pads you have bought from Top of the Line, I am guessing that`s where you bought it from, are the best ones you can use for it.

As long as your pads are kept clean and cared for well you can 1) Use them on any colored car 2) They will last for a long time and 3) I would not recommend using the yellow cutting pads on dark colored vehicles unless you are willing to spend the time and effort to work out the hazing that they produce.

The green pads work great on mild to light swirls and can be used with a wide variety of products from polishes to mild abrasives.

The white pads I generally use with polishes and creme waxes.

I have several of the MF bonnets but rarely ever use them to buff with, as in remove product, because I prefer to do this step by hand. I also almost always apply my final polish and sealant by hand instead of using a machine, unless of course time is crucial.

Hope that helps,
    Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Thread Information