Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 12-29-2017

Default California Gold Micro - Polishing Glaze, Abrasive Or Not?

Hi!

This is my first post in the waxforum. Before asking my question, I would like to thank everyone in this forum. This forum has helped me maintain my beloved car.

So here it goes. I recently bought the California Gold Micro-Polishing Glaze because i wanted to remove/fill some swirls on my car paint. Upon using it, my expectation was exceeded! My car paint got a really deep shine even before I topped the Glaze with some Mothers FX SynWax.

Now I'm thinking of using it regularly every time I would wax (which is weekly, OCD right there hahaha ). But I'm worried if the California Gold Micro-Polishing Glaze would be (even a little) abrasive and would remove some of the clear coat.

So is the California Gold Micro-Polishing Glaze abrasive?
If not, is it fine to use it every time I wax the car?
If it is abrasive, what other Mothers product can I use together with the FX SynWax to achieve the deep shine I get when I use FX SynWax with the Micro-Polishing Glaze?

Thanks in advance for the answers!
Old 12-30-2017

Default Re: California Gold Micro - Polishing Glaze, Abrasive Or Not?

CGM Polishing Glaze does not contain any abrasives and can be used as often as you want. However, if you want the best return on your weekly waxing efforts, I would use a product like Reflections Top Coat, which is formulated specifically for layering coats on top of existing coats.

With that said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that you are doing! Some people who want to emphasize depth and the ultimate liquid shine over protection (like showroom cars or cars entering competitions) often rely heavily on products like polishing glaze.
Closed Thread