Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 08-28-2018

Default Mothers Clay Bar Kit Update

Had a bit of trouble login this morning, So I was forced to create a new account. But I wanted to update those who may have read my topic about using the clay bar on the windshield of our 2017 Wrangler as seen here.

http://www.waxforum.com/showthread.php?t=5385

Couple of things to report about the Mothers clay bar kit & treatment. On the windshield the clay worked just as everyone suggested in the above post and we're very pleased with the results. As for the hood, it seem to have accumulated more of the over spray than I first thought. The first pass with the clay bar didn't do so well. Thus a second treatment would need to be performed.

Weeks later and cooler weather allowed me to complete the clay treatment of the jeep's hood. But I've change things up. Seems the last time I used the Mothers clay treatment detailer, it was milky looking or even hazy. This time I've opted for the Turtlewax "Jet black" detailer as we have a dark gunmetal grey jeep.

As I was more familiar with the jet black product, I was astonished with the results. the jeep's hood was so shiny, that even the dragonflies though it was a shimmering pool of water. So I'm not sure why the mothers detailer was hazy looking, but the Jet Black corrected all this.
Old 08-29-2018
Registered User II

Default Re: Mothers Clay Bar Kit Update

What kind of buffer do you use?
Old 08-31-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCDPRO View Post
What kind of buffer do you use?
I don't use a buffer or power tool to apply or remove the products. its all done by hand and with different grades of shammies or microfiber towels. I'm sure the process would go faster if I used a buffer or power tool. But Time constraints and limited mobility doesn't allow me to have 24/7 access to the jeep in perfect weather.

I mean if this is going to be your first time, try the mothers detailer and see if it works for you. I prefer the Jet Black or even the Ice Blue (depending on the vehicle's color) turtlewax brands instead. I think one reason I don't use a power tool for this is because the jeep has several plastic parts or fender flares which if the power tool comes in contact with the parts, leaves a mark or even a stain which is very hard to remove afterward.
Old 08-31-2018

If you treat the plastic parts with Back-To-Black before you wax, you probably won't see wax residue if you slip up and touch the plastic

'15 Dodge Challenger SRT - B5 Blue
'17 Dodge Durango R/T - Granite Crystal
Old 09-03-2018
Mothers® Polish

We also make Back-To-Black Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner, which is perfect for removing wax stains from trim.
Closed Thread