Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Interior detail experts *cough* Clean Dean *cough*

What would you do to this one (it`s worst alive )

I`d really appreciate your help/opinions, specially if you`ve done a 5 series before.
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Sell it!
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course it`s not mine! I`m supposed to detail it (if possible).

Post Thanks / Like
    I cleaned out a 1997 BMW`s interior last week (not detailed though, just a very through vac and dressed the dash, trim, and leather.) I will see the car Monday and I`ll take a few pictures of the interior.

The interior doesn`t look that bad compared to some mini-vans.

Clean everything very throughly. Dash I recommend some damp paper towels to get all the gunk off. Then follow up with a vinyl cleaner (#39 from Meguiar`s) then some water based Vinyl Dressing (I use Lexol Vinylex for the factory standard smell, if they like an orangy smell, try Black Magic Semi Gloss - be sure to open it and smell it to smell like oranges, and looks like a liquid white.)

Vacuum and brush the mats and carpet. Then do your usual carpet cleaning routine.

I like to use a VERY small amount of QD on the wood trim (its coated) and if it is swirled, try some plastic polish or a really mild swirl remover like Meguiar`s #9.

Hope this helps,
    Jason

Boss_429
    jgv,

Why would anybody let a vehicle get in that condition.......... especially a BMW?

Anyway, good luck, as you`ll need it............. and charge them $100 for just the interior............. and then slap the owner right along side the head for good measure!

Post Thanks / Like
    JGV I have had a Truck Like that but slightly worse. Get a Wet Cloth go over the whole inside take off all the dust, Vac then shampoo Clean and Condition Leather. Dress the dash. I usally take a leaf blower first and get all that damn dust out.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen worse, but ...

I have seen worse, but not on a bimmer!! Holy cow. Fortunately, it looks to be jsut dust and dirt. Will come clean easy and will look like you are a magician. I use very diluted whote lightning from 4 star for the dash areas, a stronger version for the capreting, and a mid-to-strong leather cleaner, should be able to use what you have there. Good luck, though you might not need it, dirt is easy, swirls on the other hand ... uugghh!

Now once clean, use a good quality protectant or dressing to give the like new look, I am a fan of the 303 line and would use that, but buff when dry for that matte look.

-Matt

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cousin Jose,

use your instincts..they have not let you down yet...
    you have one of the largest arsenals of products of about anyone and you can use a mild cleaner first then repeat to remove what you might have missed or spread around, then use a nice interior dressing. I would also use a soft nylon brush first on the carpet ..one direction only , to loosen embedded dirt, then vacuum. Good luck....another reason i hated doing daily drivers
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, what Boss 429 said....

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I wish you luck on that interior, yeesh its bad. I feel sorry for those poor mistreated leather seats!

Make sure you post up some after pictures!
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I would start with a air compressor to blow all the dust and dirt away then start your normal cleaning. Wow is that thing ugly now. I`d like to see a couple after pics. Good luck
    DISTINGUISHED DETAILING

Work and hope, but don`t hope more than you work!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow thats bad !!!!

However , I have seen worse !!! I detail a 1997 Suburan 2X`s a year for a woman with 4 very active school aged boys. They are also horse owners and the no eating in the car rule does not apply to these kids.

First.... Be specific with the owner that this car will take more time and will be priced accordingly.

Second... Be careful when cleaning heavily stained leather. Do not over agitate the leather cleaner and wipe frequently and observe if any of the dye starts to come out of the leather. Always be up front with the customer about your taking great care when cleaning the leather and the dangers of cleaning leather too aggresivelly. I had a customer insist that I continue to agitate a seat bolster with leather cleaner even after I informed him of the dangers of being overly aggresive while cleaning leather. I made sure that he was there as I continued to work the cleaner and just as I told him the dye started to fade. The steady customer agreed afterward that he would take my word in the future when I suggest that a cleaning procedure be stopped.

Third... Use good quality detail brushes of all shapes and sizes to agitate your cleaner ( I recommend Stoner`s Trim Cleaner) and dress (Stoners Trim Shine) only after the area was thoroughly cleaned. Wipe with a clean terry utility towels.
    ( Stoners is my choice for ease of use, but I am sure there are other great products out there for interior detailing)

Fourth ... Carpet Shampoo ( Auto Magic HD) and extract if available. And be sure vacuum all the areas deep under the seats and between the seats.

Fifth... Simple Green to degrease door jambs and then Spray Wax.

Sixth... Glass ...For me Stoner Invisible Glass and Surgical towels.

Conclusion:
    There is no one right way to detail an interior just be thorough and ask either a co-worker or the customer to evaluate your work upon completion. I have no problem with accepting constructive criticism about my work, and I will not leave a job until the customer is satisfied. I have one dealer in particular that is one tough customer... He is not shy about pointing out areas that may need more attention, however he always provides me steady work and pays my prices without complaint.

Also I most highly recommend Rightlook.com`s video series on Detailing. Their Interior Detailing Video is worth its weight in gold ... My interior detailing routine is similar to theirs however, I believe I found some time saving ways to get the Interior Detail job done a bit faster.

Good Luck ... Some after pics please !!!!

1991 Mercedes 560 SEC last week ....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    , I have seen worse !!! I detail a 1997 Suburan 2X`s a year for a woman with 4 very active school aged boys. They are also horse owners and the no eating in the car rule does not apply to these kids
    __________________________________________________ __

Now that i think of it.. the worst vehicles I think I`v done have been Suburbans. Food, hay, candy stuck to seats and floors, Etc... You name it they usually have it...lol although the worst vehicle i have done was a trade in from a mental health facility.. Urine, vomit, and other unidetified stuff... You know your in for it when the seats have a heavy guage plastic covering all seats...lol.. phew not to mention open the doors to that thing on a hot summer day and all the windows are up man I had to drop one of those BIG D odor bombs in it just to stand the smell to work in there. It was a dodge extended van... that was a night mare.....
    DISTINGUISHED DETAILING

Work and hope, but don`t hope more than you work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Today, one week later, I had the chance to take pics of it, as I didn`t back then. Not bad after one week of use.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats downright amazing.

Come to Oklahoma and do my car. I suck at interior work.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information