Thread: question

Post Thanks / Like

question

I am currently looking to start my own detailing shop. I want to have good chemicals to use, and I was wondering what the best ones were and where to buy them. I am looking for a certain product line that I could carry and use but don`t know who is the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    In terms of cost vs. ease and effectiveness, I would go with Poorboy`s for your polishes and waxes, and even dressings.
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks alot Nick for the reply! I have been looking at differnt places on the net to get all of my supplies from and have found that poorboys is not inexpensive. Now don`t get me wrong I am not saying the quality is not there! I know that quality is always best in this business. I am looking for a place that I can get all of my start up tools. I went to "Rightlook.com" and they seem to have good prices. Is there a website that has EVERYTHING? I am looking for a 1 stop shop for everything from a brush to a pressure washer! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know of any one spot that has all the equipment and chemicals you`d want/need, and if they did I`d bet that the prices would be good on some stuff ....to get you interested, and then they`d jack up the price on the other stuff. That`s the way it`s done all the time in stores.

You`re better off shopping around, doing some on line searches and searching the stores locally doing a careful study for each item you need. Get only what you absolutely have to have to get started and then add on when you know the business better.

Watch you local auctions for items you can use....desk, file cabinet, phones, vacumn sweepers, pressure washers, etc. Estate auctions are a great place to get towels and stuff. Watch for business going out of business to pick up a computer or something. Do your buying slow. Start off with nothing and gradually acquire what you need.

I need to follow my own advice....and it`s not my nature to wait, or take my time, or be conservative. I want to go out and buy all the toys right NOW!...that`s my nature and I have to be very careful to not let my nature take over when it`s my common sense that needs to be in charge here.
    Last edited by JimS; 03-05-2004 at 12:33 AM.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks alot Jim! That is excellent advice. We seem to be alike when it comes to shopping! I can`t stand looking around so I am always looking for a one stop shop! I guess I better start searching! Thanks again!!!

Practice makes "PERFECT" clean4u's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Jim start out slow get the things you need then build from there and bi all means shop around
    "A Clean Ride is a Happy Ride" To some its just a Ride!!!! So True!!!!!

Thread Information