Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Right Wing Conservative NozeBleedSpeed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Klasse or Platinum?

I feel compelled to add some stuff to my arsenal. What would you guys recommend? Klasse or Platinum?Ive heard so many good things about AIO that I just wanted any opinions before ordering. I just got a new order of Liquid Souveran today. Is LS,Klasse,EX,Platinum etc.,all about the type product? I dont know anything about polymers....
    Help a brotha out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse AIO is a great cleaner before any type of sealent I would get Klasse AIO with Poorboys EX with Carnuba IMO those products are the best bang for the buck Klasse SG is ok but dont have the shine nor ease of use as EX and UPP.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`d go with Platinum simply because it has the same appearance after 3 coats as Klasse does with 5 coats and a carnauba topper. Get the Platinum pre cleaner and the paint protection and you should be set. They are both great products to have in your aresnal if you wanted to get them both sometime down the road.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you kidding? Any self respecting, detailing obsessed fanatic would get them all!

Seriously, I`m a big Platinum UPP fan and I love EX also. As for the AIO, get it no matter what you get for the final finish sealant. Use AIO as your prep before applying either UPP or EX to clean the paint and set it up for the final product. AIO is a great paint cleaner and prep but if you have swirls or light scratches you`ll need to get something else to take care of them first. AIO will do little to nothing for swirls and scratches.

Either way, UPP, EX...you can`t go wrong.

BTW...I totally agree with The Fuzz in that one coat of UPP looks like multiple coats of Klasse SG. Plus, IMO, Klasse SG is a royal PITA to use....very unforgiving. Still, protection wise Klasse SG is among the best.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Boss_429

Re: Klasse or Platinum?

Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed
    I feel compelled to add some stuff to my arsenal. What would you guys recommend? Klasse or Platinum?Ive heard so many good things about AIO that I just wanted any opinions before ordering. I just got a new order of Liquid Souveran today. Is LS,Klasse,EX,Platinum etc.,all about the type product? I dont know anything about polymers....
    Help a brotha out.
    NoseBleed,

I believe the LS, is still mostly a carnauba product.
    Klasse AIO is a cleaner with a tiny bit of acrylic (polymer if you wish) in it, and needs to be topped.
    Klasse SuperGlaze is an acrylic sealant.
    EX is a type of polymer sealant with carnauba in it.
    Platinum UPP is a polymer sealant.

As the Fuzz said, all are fine products, and will look great, and I agree that the UPP will give you quicker "POP" than the Klasse. However, the only product that I`ve found as durable as Klasse SG has been Zaino. Although, UPP is no slouch either! In the end, most good sealants have superior durablity to carnauba, but lack that true "carnuaba" look.

Anyhow, the ideal situation might be to get a good base with one of the sealants, and then top with the LS or EX. If you want to use only one product, I`d go with UPP, or EX, as you get a combination of durability, with some of that nice carnauba look!

Hope this helps ya bro!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bah! Who cares about durability beyond a month anyway? Face it... we are all hopelessly addicted to touching our cars. If we wanted a product that lasted all year then we certianly wouldn`t say so here. Personally I have no idea how long Klasse or Platinum last. I`ve never left it on a car untouched long enough to find out. I know they last at least 2 months because that is the longest I`ve ever gone without applying a new layer. A new layer of whatever I`m using at the moment is usually part of my bi-monthly detailing routine. i doubt there are many of us who can really say how long a product lasts if it was used on their own cars. maybe if you have customers that come to you once in a blue moon you can tell how long stuff lasts. Not me though. its just me and my `````in camaro and my unicycle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for hookin` a brotha up guys! Truck load of info and sound advice.I really appreciate it.I guess Ill go with AIO and UPP. Ill experiment with those and the EX,LS, and other stuff. I like mixing product lines instead of using all of one line.It makes me feel like a tough guy(?).
    Ill try it on my son`s truck first........

BTW,anyone ever use this stuff?
    http://www.supershinedetail.com/powershine.html

I have a bottle of it I got in a package kit a year ago.Ive never used it,but I think Ill try it on a neighbor or friends car to see what it does.(Everyone either runs to me.... or away from me, when I open my garage door)

Boss_429
    Originally posted by The Fuzz
    Bah! Who cares about durability beyond a month anyway?
    Well, in Florida, that may be true. However, up here in the "Great Northeast", where one can`t even hand wash their vehicles for a couple of months at a time during the winter, and the vehicle is covered with 50 lbs of road salt during that period.............. durability matters!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bah! Who cares about durability beyond a month anyway? Face it... we are all hopelessly addicted to touching our cars.
    Dude,I wax my truck every weekend!(weather permitting) I usually strip it off and start over every other month even though it never needs it .Maybe I should just stick with carnauba?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nah. Get a sealant at least. Get one layer of Platinum or Klasse on there so the truck is protected from UV rays and all that nasty stuff. It will look cleaner longer and be better protected. You can still wax every weekend. You just don`t have to worry about it if you have to skip a weekend one time.

Better yet, UPP spreads so easily that you can get probably 30 coats out of a bottle anyway. Just switch to using that instead of wax and really have your truck looking good! I`d love to see a vehicle with like 40 layers of Platinum on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429

Well, in Florida, that may be true. However, up here in the "Great Northeast", where one can`t even hand wash their vehicles for a couple of months at a time during the winter, and the vehicle is covered with 50 lbs of road salt during that period.............. durability matters!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......... That`s a good point. I guess while I`m out under a palm tree checking out babes while sipping a margarita and singing christmas carols in mid December I forget about you guys up there. lol

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess while I`m out under a palm tree checking out babes while sipping a margarita and singing christmas carols in mid December I forget about you guys up there. lol
    It doesn`t count as recreational babe watching if the reason you`re under the palm tree is because that happens to be the spot were your ice-cream cart is.

Hopefully Steve would be proud of that one .

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Boss_429

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......... That`s a good point. I guess while I`m out under a palm tree checking out babes while sipping a margarita and singing christmas carols in mid December I forget about you guys up there. lol
    Watch out one of them there "gators" don`t bit ya in the A**!

Anyhow, again, I agree with the Fuzz............ the UPP would be an excellent all around choice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NattyBumppo

It doesn`t count as recreational babe watching if the reason you`re under the palm tree is because that happens to be the spot were your ice-cream cart is.

Hopefully Steve would be proud of that one .

Natty
    It took me a minute but I fianally got that one. Why I oughta......!

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont forget about Polish with Carnauba from Poorboy`s.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information