Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by rhillstr
    leatherique is not just for restoration but is designed for regular cleaning and conditioning as well. It REALLLY softens up the leather and after applying the conditioner the dirt literally lifts up off the leather to be wiped away (you`re supposed to follow with the cleaner to enhance this cleaning).
    Have you used Leatherique on coated leather?
    I am curious about the results on Pontiac coated leather.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I am curious to know more about Leatherique as well. Does it leave the seats greasy at all? How is the look: shiny, satin? Does it have good UV protection?

I will add that I currently use 4* and Pinnacle and they both work very well. I find Pinnacle to be a little shinier but 4* seems to last longer.
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Proud Resident Of Detail City
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never used leatherique on coated leather. I used it on a smelly, sweaty leather watch band, and it worked great. The band does not smell like sweat anymore. It is also very soft and supple. The leatherique website does mention something about silocone will prevent the rejuvinator oil from absorbing into the leather. Leatherique also makes custom leather restoration dyes. They have a good website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that Leatheriques cleaner is supposed to work well on vinyl and rubber surfaces. I used some of the cleaner to clean up some white rubber sneaker soles. It worked surprisingly well. As you can see, I use my detailing products on other things besides cars.

Still Around
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use PRO`s Leather Cleaner and PRO`s Leather Lotion. They work great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Intel: Have you used 4* and Leatherique and prefer Pro`s? Or is that just what you use?

Same for brwill: Have you compared leatherique to 4* and Griot`s (or others)?

I have some old neglected leather that is feeling very tough. Something that will soften it up is what I am looking for. The leatherique sounds like it might fit the bill. I have 4* and if it is going to soften this leather it is going to take many aplications. I don`t want to knock it though. I think the 4* is good stuff.
    I am just looking for something a little tougher on leather that hasn`t been treated for several years.
    95 Acura Legend Sedan - Granada Black Pearl
    97 Toyota Landcruiser - 40th Anniversary Edition

Post Thanks / Like
    Gnev8- I believe Leatherique is the product to use if the leather is very old and tough. The rejuvenator oil softens the leather and expels the dirt. The pristine clean cleaner is used after the oil to wipe away all of the contaminants that the oil has expelled. Remember, leatherique is considered a restoration product, so I think it will do the job for you. I have never used 4* so I can not speak on it, however, I used Griots once or twice and it worked OK I guess. Sorry it was a long time ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Water: Woolite (6:1) to clean.

Then 4* Leather Conditioner to condition. I love the smell (leathery), consistency (relatively thin), look (satin sheen), and feel (soft and not sticky) compared to Lexol.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered some Leatherique.
    I`ll follow up after use.
    95 Acura Legend Sedan - Granada Black Pearl
    97 Toyota Landcruiser - 40th Anniversary Edition

Still Around
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by gnev8
    Intel: Have you used 4* and Leatherique and prefer Pro`s? Or is that just what you use?
    I have only used PRO. It has worked and still works for me quite well, I can get it locally, and it`s not too expensive.

I may in the future try some other leather products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have only tried Leatherique, Lexol, and Mothers.
    Leatherique is not just a restoration product, it`s a maintainance conditioner as well. My 04` TL did not need restoring, but the seat leather was starting to feel stiffer and was starting to crease. Cotton clothes wick moisture and natural oils from leather, even plastic coated pontiac leather. Mothers and Lexol failed to restore the oils and thus softness and remove creasing. Only leatherique did it (an well I might add. The softer leather is a pleasure to sit on and feels like a big pillow as I sink into it. I love it.
    Charles: I believe my leather (as all modern leathers are) coated, so I`d say a big YES!
    Give it a try!
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information