Post Thanks / Like

Red Porsche w/Blackfire

This Porsche, shown at the same show, was finished out with Blackfire and the results were very nice, I think. The Blackfire though gave me some grief when it came time to remove it and I had to mist the finish down with some distilled water.

It is topped off with Trade Secret which is always a dream to work with. In comparison the UPP is easier going on and coming off than the BF and the finish is slicker.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Next:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say is...Porsche *drool*

The shine doesnt seem very deep to me...is it the camera? Seems like if you went through that much work the shine should be deeper.

Then again, I am a newbie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Tassadar
    All I can say is...Porsche *drool*

The shine doesnt seem very deep to me...is it the camera? Seems like if you went through that much work the shine should be deeper.

Then again, I am a newbie.
    If you look at the lower-left corner of the bumper in pic #2, you will get an idea of the real depth etc. To me, it looks like the angle the pic was taken & the lighting conditions that make the shine look less than it is.

ANTHONY: I`ve heard that BlackFire tends to leave an `oily` film after removal.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony, looks great !
    BF II does tend to leave a little residue behind, can be cured by QD`ing however.....But for depth and brilliance, BF is hard to beat.....
    Somewhere between the clear, and the BF II....

Post Thanks / Like
    Tassadar,

Ahhh, so this is where I saw your reply. I thought you had replied to the Ferrari pics I posted and when I went to read a reply I did not see your post, obviously because you did not post there but rather here on the Porsche thread, my bad

Well I did reply to you in the Ferrari thread so if you would like to read it please read that thread. My response is close to what DON replied with.

Don:

Thanks for the support and yes the BF was more of a hassle to remove then the UPP but with the Trade Secret applied several hours later it seemed to remove the "oil" and smears. Trade Secret contains a small amount of talc which helps in those situations.

Kneedeep:

Thank you also for the compliment. :p

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    There has been talk on other threads that bfII actually leaves streaks (due to its oils?) I have not heard of any issues with that concerning UPP.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony your awesome. I wish I could spend a day with you and learn how a master does this kind of work. I dream about a chance to do work like yours but you actually live it! It must take many hours to get these cars so clean and perfect.

I am curious, do you have a secret to applying tire dressing? If you share with me I would LOVE to know how every pic I see your tires look PERFECT. If you are spraying the dressing on you must have a method to doing this, I am hoping the master will share a trick with us!

Best regards,
    John

BTW,
    Tassadar is nuts, lol, the depth is perfect. lol

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im thinking its the camera angle. I am used to taking pics of cars, and taking one specific picture to show jsut how deep the shine is. So the sun really screwed up the angle.

By all means, do not think I am insulting your work. My god, that car is absolutely beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey John,

How are things going buddy?

Thank you for the kind words but I am still working towards the "master detailer" title

I use two methods for my tires. If the client likes the wet look I will spray the tires down with a water based tire dressing and just soak the tire.

I then finish out the rest of the car while it sits and soaks in. The very last thing I then do is take a tire swipe or sponge, that is CLEAN, spray just a tad of tire dressing on it and buff the tires out. This does two things:

1) It soaks up any excess to avoid "sling"
    2) Evens out the shine

My second method, if they prefer a natural sheen, which I also prefer, is to apply the dressing by hand again with a clean tire swipe or sponge (I go thru tons of tire sponges). The first application is applied before I start detailing and then just as I am finished I apply a second coat. The second coat is very light.

Of course none of these techniques will work if one is applying a dressing over dirty tires. The tires MUST be clean and free from previous dressings.

Tassadar,

I never take a critique of my work as an insult but rather try to learn from every comment. I will though say again that any car, even a dog, can look great if washed and just hand polished. Take a picture of it, say in the right light, or as the sun is setting, and man it will look great. Take that same car outin the sun and look at it real close and then the paint tells a different story.

For me I seek to achieve a flawless finish first and foremost. One can say I am overly anal about it, to the point where I will spend two hours on a hood or fender. Which then has me losing money but the results make up for it, at least for me

So thanks for your comments and again, no offense taken. Keep up your good work!

Anthony

Thread Information