Got BASS...Will travel!!! MetalSludge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguires Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel

Has anyone here used Megs Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel. I have a lifted truck and the tires stick out past the fenders about 2 inches. And I have been using the Armor all and similar spray on products and they seem to look nice but it always gets all over the wheels witch is pain but near as much as it getting slung all over the side of the truck when going down the road. When using these I have to wait about 2 hrs and then go hose the tires down and I loose the great shine and then let it set for about 12hrs to keep it from slinging everywhere.

I was wandering if the Megs Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel is any different than the spray on kind as far as the syrupie goup left on the tires or if dries to brilliant shine? I was also considering PoorBoys Bold-n-Brite?

Post Thanks / Like
    PB BNB is a great product, Endurance Hi-Gloss is also good. I would check out stuff like Eimann Fabrik Black Opal,Automagic #33,Eagle One Wet Tire Gel is my favorite stuff it smells great and is really Hi-Gloss. Also look into water based products they dont stain driveways or dont sling as much and make a mess.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I used megs tire gel on my best friends Camaro and well once we got done we took it out and smoked them and it didn`t sling at all. Its been about two weeks since we did the car and its been driven on some gravel and the tires still look good, they didn`t get all dusty and gray like tires with cheap tire sprays on them....all in all I say its a good investment

Post Thanks / Like
    The megs is OK, but it`s too shiney for me. I should have bought the lower gloss product. Anyway, I think with any tire product you need to use those sponge tire swipes and give the tires a final buff with a rag to prevent a mess. I keep a couple of new swipes around that I use for final wipes. They seem to remove less product than a cloth so the finished product is nice and smooth, but still basically intact.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Meg`s Endurance works great. I`ve been using it about every three weeks, and I`m very pleased with the looks. As far as flinging off, I haven`t had any problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars has 2 tire products
    1. For high gloss
    2. Lower gloss
    High Gloss
    1. My favorite is 4 Star Bazooka Tire gel
    http://www.premiumautocare.com/4starprofser1.html
    2. Second favorite is Meguiars High gloss

Regular Gloss
    1. Poor Boys
    http://www.premiumautocare.com/powodepr.html
    2. 303

Right Wing Conservative NozeBleedSpeed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spent the day cleaning my baby today,just for fun. I have Megs endurance in low gloss and high gloss. I have never used the high gloss before. I usually use EF Black Opal. I got new tires yesterday so I had to clean the wheels and new tires really well. Since you posted this I thought Id give the high gloss a try. It is thinner than the low gloss and goes on easier using a tire swipe. The gloss is very,very shiny. Almost as shiny as EFBO. After letting the truck sit a couple of hours,I took it for a spin. I had no sling at all.

I also have some EO Wet Tire shine that I have never used.I got some because Fr0zen always brags on it.I`ll have to try that on the next tires that I dress.
    Im Zaino free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone hint`d after putting on Meguiars, let it sit for about an hour..then use a towell and wipe, ......limits the sling if you have sling..
    jeff

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Megs HE, it has the right ammount of gloss for me, plus it lasts quite some time. The downside is the fact that you really need to scrub the tires before adding anymore to the car.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. I am gonna have to try some of this stuff. I have almost given up putting anything on my tires because of this problem.
    Tommy
    2002 Ford Ranger
    I wanna go fishing now!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Endurance needs setup time, like other people have suggested.

Apply until evenly coated, leave for 10 minutes to set up, and buff off any excess. No sling, and lasts for weeks, even in rain. It actually cures and dries to a stiff gel. I found this out when I squirted some on the paint by accident one day and I was cleaner the dispenser tip, and forgot to wipe off until I was doing the final QD. It was a b*tch to wipe off!

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you guys mean by buffing it off?
    Tommy
    2002 Ford Ranger
    I wanna go fishing now!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MetalSludge
    What do you guys mean by buffing it off?
    Endurance does not usually completely dry on its own. After waiting 15-30 minutes, take a dry cloth and wipe around each tire a few times. This will remove any gel that has not fully dried and will also even out the shine. The buffing step is especially important for folks that have raised letters or lots of ribs on their sidewalls. Blobs of Endurance can hide in these cracks and then sling off when you drive the car. (Note: Don`t use your best towels for this buffing step. Endurance will leave behind heavy black marks on your towels that will be nearly impossible to wash out.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by awd330
    Endurance does not usually completely dry on its own. After waiting 15-30 minutes, take a dry cloth and wipe around each tire a few times. This will remove any gel that has not fully dried and will also even out the shine. The buffing step is especially important for folks that have raised letters or lots of ribs on their sidewalls. Blobs of Endurance can hide in these cracks and then sling off when you drive the car. (Note: Don`t use your best towels for this buffing step. Endurance will leave behind heavy black marks on your towels that will be nearly impossible to wash out.)
    Thanks. I think I am gonna definatly order some of this tonight.

Thread Information