Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Best mobil detailer extractor?

What is the best mobil detail extractor that is tiny and will do a professional job????

Post Thanks / Like
    mytee hp60
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Durrmaid heated extractor best bang for your buck!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a Mytee fan myself, I have used the same unit at work for a very large volume auto Dealership for 3 years now, absolutley bullet proof except for the occasional hose bursting. We are known to have up to 6 detailers , retail 175-250 units per month, whosale another 100 and service around 20 customer rigs regularly, let alone when the manager descides his house needs to be done! For myself I just picked up a Bissel heated Lil Green Machine just so I can do my cars in the yard without showing up and getting "drafted" for OT! When business picks up I will be able to justify stepping up to a Mytee.
    Dealership employee, I HATE SALESMAN!

Post Thanks / Like
    what exactly is the little green machine????? how much is it and where can i get i from and also any info on this machin is appreciated also can this machin hold up doin a few cars per day?

Post Thanks / Like
    A Google search will turn up info on the Bissel such as pricing. It`s been mentioned here a few times too. I bet a search would come up with some nice answers.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    What does everyone think of wet / dry vacs? Do they do the same work as an extractor? I`m thinking at looking for an affordable way to clean interiors

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.detailcity.com/forums/sho...8927#post38927

Here is some info on the Little Green Machine

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

2 cents

What does everyone think of wet / dry vacs? Do they do the same work as an extractor? I`m thinking at looking for an affordable way to clean interiors-Woob
    A good extractor will heat a cleaning solution, spray it down, and suck it right back up. A wet/dry vac doesnt compare to an extractor IMO. I used to use a wet/dry vac before I got my heated extractor. Once you use an extractor you`ll never go back to the wet/dry vac for cleaning carpets. The wet/dry vac is for sweeping the carpets and the extractor is for cleaning them. Dont get me wrong you can make your carpets look really good with some cleaner and a wet/dry vac but once you`ve drained the recovery tank on an extractor then you`ll know what I mean.
    :beer

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool. I wonder what other good cheap extractor there is besides the Bissell Little Green Machine

Post Thanks / Like
    The Bissel is a nice light duty machine, for smaller jobs, pricing varies from 75-95 for the heated unit found at any WalMart. I would not recommend for multiple vehicles a day use, the tanks are to small and it is pretty slow to work with, not really hot when heated either, just warm.

You should also use a wet-dry vac, like one from Sears, a 6HP at least, just to try to get out as much of the heavy dirt and larger objects in a hurry. The Mytee is an awesome unit, but it is not designed to replace a vacuum for mass removal. I always get cars full of hay, dog hair, and wood chips, it would clog a Mytee REAL fast which is not fun to clean.

Bissel for light duty around the house type stuff, Mytee for full on detailing business, and wet vac for quick convenience. Have fun!
    Dealership employee, I HATE SALESMAN!

Post Thanks / Like
    How good is the durrmaid because i am picking up an extractor very soon. Will it do a professional job? need info

Post Thanks / Like

hey 5.0

byFiveOhMustang
    How good is the durrmaid because i am picking up an extractor very soon. Will it do a professional job? need info
    I actually looked into a DurrMaid when I got my Mytee. They considered it a spotter because of its size. The DurrMaid s2h-200 I believe is the one I looked at. Its small and mobile but with 2 1 1/2 gallon tanks you might wind up filling and emptying alot. Other then that the Mytee I have has more lift (suction), heats up a bit hotter, and pumps the solution at a higher p.s.i. The DurrMaid might actually do a good job but like I said you might wind up filling the solution tank quite a bit. Hopefully someone who has one will get back. If not I would try maybe a Mytee Lite or something smaller then the HP-100 like I have. Its too big and heavy for mobile use. WEll atleast it would be for me.
    Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do like my HP100 but, it is an extra headache to care for and lug around. Personaly I flush the pipes every week and carry the unit in my car to every job/house/boat I do. Plus I have found that extractors like this need at least a 20 amp line and occasionally breaks my 20 amp fuse in my garage. I am worried constantly about the machine overloading and blowing circuits.
    Overall it does the job well. Is it necessary? I dont think so anymore. At least for occasional automobile use. Chemicals to do the job without machines are available and it is always better to do carpets by hand. And anyone who owns a classic car can appreciate a detailer who knows how to properly care for the interior. Especially if the carpets are easily damaged by heat, poorly selected chemicals or soggy padding caused by too much water.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: hey 5.0

Originally posted by Agent Phonar

They considered it a spotter because of its size. The DurrMaid s2h-200 I believe is the one I looked at. Its small and mobile but with 2x 1 1/2 gallon tanks you might wind up filling and emptying alot.[/B]
    Can anyone vouch for this being a small resevior. On Mytee`s (not-so-informative) website they state that the Lite`s tank(s?) hold 3 gallons. Is that 2x 1 1/2 tanks like the durramaid? How much hot water is used on a never been extracted, say 5y.o. mid-size?

Also, can anyone fill me in on what size generator is neccessary to power the Mytee Lite? Do I want to know :bigscream

TIA.
    -Andrew.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information