Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Your Business Cards

Kind of a spin off from the embroidery, but here`s a thread to show off your cards

IMO, it is well worth the $$ to add a gloss finish.....this really gives a touch of class.

P.S. Thanks Dean for the Picture!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine were $54 shipped 7day via VistaPrint.com.
    Nick Carberry

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice card there Nick, 1 suggestion though, I really think it would be beneficial to get a new website with an easy to remember name.....hell it took about 2 minutes just to find the ~ key, lol otherwise nice and simple, if you check out 1and1 you can see that they have some really inexspensive packages (like $3 - $10 a month) and they dont put banners on your site and their Domain registration is only like $6 a year, you have seen mine and thats where it is through

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Good call Eric. I`m actually in the process of doing that now>>I hesitated to make these up, but I was about out and the B-cards have done so well for me in the past.

My neighbor does that stuff for a living, so I`m hoping to "barter" with him on that deal.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
    Nick Carberry

Post Thanks / Like
    Nick, im digging your business cards....and what a fantastic thread this will be! You mentioned you paid $54, but how manby cards did you receive with your order?

lso, i would have to agree on the note of simplifying your website name so people can easily remember it.

Erlortt: I checked out 1&1, very appealing prices. I was originally thinknig about getting my web domain/services through a famous company called networksolutions.com, but they seem pretty expensive.

I think they wanted like $24.99 per yr, for 3 years JUST for the purchase of my domain name....everything else is additional and optional.

Whats your website btw, id love to check it out.

Im in the process of actually purchasing my own domain name and designing/launching a site formyself too.
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my card, I was on budget when I did these. A good friend is a printer so she did these for nothing. I brought the card stock at Office Depot and then also brought cold press plastic laminate pages to press the cards, then I cut the out. They have a real sturdy glossy feel and are not easy to loose.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d just like to chime in here and offer my 2 cents. If anyone here has a computer Which I guessing you do or you wouldn`t be online. I very simple idea and one I use myself is to make your own. Here`s what I suggest find someone with M/S Publisher or Corel Draw or some other graphic tools that has business card capabilities. Create your card and using your printer a nice photo quality one will work as most do very good photo qualities these days. Purchase Photo paper the nice glossy stuff either HP or Canon have great paper. For about $20 in paper or much less now you can print up high gloss business cards at a fraction of a printer and you can change it update it or print as many as you need. The tricky part is cutting them apart but with a little patience it`s work the effort. I`m working on my new card and will post a draft soon.

Anyways for for 2 cents that`s my opinion.
    The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also for domain name registration stay away from NetworkSolutions there are other that are cheaper. Check out DirectNic.com. As for a hosting site do some checking around and ask others who have a site hosted. There is a hosting site in CA. called LunarPages.com that offer a pretty good deal along with 800MegaBytes of storage, 40Gigabyte data transfer, available reports you can run and Search engine loading, E-mail forwarding .... you get the picture. All for about 7.95 a month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great info in both aspects 57Chevy, thanks!

Im still in the research phase in regards to domain registry / site hosting, but ive already found out that networksolutions is the `big guy` of the industry, also on of the most expensive.

The search continues!:beer
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    Also do a Web search for "Free Business Cards" There a several sites that offer free business cards with a nominal S&H charge for professional qualifty business cards. 250 quantity in most cases. Heck hit a couple of these sites with your design, pay S&H and you could easy get 500-1000 Bus. Cards and only have to pay the shipping. Just an Idea for those on a budget and with out good computer equipment.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO printing business cards yourself is not cost effective, for example for 500 cards......photo or glossy paper - heavy stock (10 per sheet) 50 sheets ~ $20 ink + Ink cartridge refills (gotta figure in because depending on card you will go through ink) ~ 30-50 depending on printer + time it takes figure roughly 5-8 hrs from design to print to cut at federal min wage $5.15 ~$26-$45 so your looking at 70+ to do it yourself. Not only that but homemade card aren`t as durable, slighest drop of water ruins them. Homemade cards (unless your a graphic artist) do not IMO portray a professional business. For the same price you can have 500-1000 professional cards made with raised ink on high quality paper. One example is http://www.greatfxbusinesscards.com/discount.htm .......1000 cards full color front / B&W back and free shipping, but there lots of others too

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    I meant to post the quantity...late night! $54 shipped, which was $14 of it for 7 day, was for 1000 cards. Sure, there were others on there, but I uploaded a picture, added a custom back, colors, and gloss.

I considered going the "57" route, but ink for my printer costs up the yin-yang....so I figured I was actually coming out on top by going with this route.
    Nick Carberry

Post Thanks / Like
    heres mine
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 57chevy
    Here`s what I suggest find someone with M/S Publisher or Corel Draw or some other graphic tools that has business card capabilities. Create your card and using your printer a nice photo quality one will work as most do very good photo qualities these days. Purchase Photo paper the nice glossy stuff either HP or Canon have great paper.
    One of the benefits of creating your own business cards is that you can make many different `custom cards` to fit certain situations. Such as either `Boat Detailing` or `Antique and Classic Car Detailing` cards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Frank,

I looked at that route too, but that claim failed me last week. One card for one guy and I did the following:

04` Corvette
    03` WaveRunner (under thread Triple Detail)
    03` Harley Superglide

01` Bayliner 28` feet (self titled thread)

I`m trying to figure out what other toys he has!
    Nick Carberry

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information