Thread: Vm + Upp

Post Thanks / Like

Vm + Upp

Just used VM for the first time - PC with a white polishing pad for just a bit of bite. Great shine and you just use it over everything -rubber, plastic, glass. Goes on and off like butter with great depth and gloss. I tried topping it with UPP and it was gorgeous. My camera wouldn`t do justice to it, but the paint just shimmered. I used VM, AIO and UPP on the hood and it did not have the depth of the VM/UPP combo I used on top, although my camera would not show the difference. I don`t know about bonding or whatever, but the look is awesome. I bet it bonds just fine. I know they use Blackfire over #7 at CMA, so I figure UPP over VM should work too. Try it just for the look.

Post Thanks / Like
    I imagine the AIO removed the VM, so that is why you didn`t get the look of VM+UPP. I have a bottle of UPP I haven`t even cracked yet, so I should try the VM+UPP combo to see how it looks.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did this past week. VM + UPPx3 on metallic silver. The look is absolutely stunning. Deep,wet and shimmering.
    "I`m staying out of it."

I'll figure it out....
    Post Thanks / Like
    AIO does remove VM (first hand experience). AIO does not have the same kind of glossy look as VM; AIO has more of a clear clean look. Stick with the VM/UPP combo, but next time I would suggest doing VM with polish pad, and then another coat with either finish pad or by hand just to insure max coverage.

Few pics of my car.. The second one give you a vague idea of how wet the look is with just carnuba and VM.

The third pic shows some reflectivity of the combo. The paint was in pretty poor condition at the time of this shot, with varying levels of orange peel and a lot of scratches that I was not able to get out with the PC. Still though, I think it looked way better than before I got serious with improving the look.

FPII
    VMX2
    CMW on side panels

I just stripped it all off and went with VM and WG. Inital prep remains FPII. And I can tell that the VM/ sealant combos look really nice. Still trying to get a good shot of the VM/ WG combo.
    Last edited by usdm; 07-05-2004 at 12:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    the pic isn`t working..

EDIT: Nevermind, now it is.
    Last edited by TheSopranos16; 07-05-2004 at 09:09 AM.
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    The result is great..but because im new in this biz ..could you please tell me the whole "codes" you guys used in this thread??(vm,upp..blah,,blah,,etc??) sorry, but i really need to know those terms for my referrals to use any of that products.
    Recently iam using Megs, Griot`s, Carbrite and protectall..and i need to try PB products too..any suggestion what products that works really well with swirl marks and glass? and how about sealant ? (what brand?) thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by borneodetail
    The result is great..but because im new in this biz ..could you please tell me the whole "codes" you guys used in this thread??(vm,upp..blah,,blah,,etc??) sorry, but i really need to know those terms for my referrals to use any of that products.
    Try this thread - Acronyms

Post Thanks / Like
    The SSR line from Poorboy`s World is great for actual swirl removal. They don`t contain fillers to hide swirls. For sealants, both EX and EX-P from Poorboys are great products.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    how do you guys predict VM + UPP + Carnauba Moose Wax would turn out?

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    OUTSTANDING! Heard nothing but great things about the VM + Carnuba Moose Wax. I would think The UPP would only enhance the look.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    I think if you want to top any sealant, you should make sure the wax topper has no cleaning properties, as they will remove the sealer. Check with ClearKote to see if CM has solvents or cleaners. Otherwise, stick with the detailers` favorites - P21S, Trade Secret, etc. Tell you the truth, after you see VM + UPP, you might not feel the need to top. It looks VERY carnuba to my eye. Plus, UPP has a very distinctive beading pattern that you won`t want to give up - beautiful little pearls lined up in rows like soldiers. Love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried the VM, EX-P, CMW combo. It`s very glossy and dripping wet, though it sacrifices some clarity and reflectivity. I like this combo for whites and off-white metallics.

Thread Information