Post Thanks / Like

Dream detailing business?

Has anyone besides me ever had a dream about their ideal detailing business? I would love to have a nice-sized shop consisting of 3 bays(1 with a lift), neons, banners, my own office, a main office for a secretary and a showroom to put customers cars so they would be on display when they come pick it up. The showroom would be all glass windows with a black/gray checkered floor. Its only a dream for me right now...hopefully possible one day. I just want to have my name known very well, my business name on my cars, a mobile unit and to be afford nice equipment. Seeing what Orange County Choppers and West Coast Choppers has makes me think a lot about what I want. If it could only come true in the next 5 years. I need a lot more detailing experience first.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to have dreams and hopes to even get there. In my opinion, your ahead of most of the gang! Good luck in the future.
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    A dream detailing business would mean I would have a detailing area, a bodyshop area, a paint area, and a general mechanic area. Of course I would order in bulk. I have tons of ideas, but I think I would love having a house where each bay is 2 cars wide for each car. Lots of room to clean.

Still Around
    Post Thanks / Like
    My dream business is where I just sit at home and people just mail me money... :-D

But I would like to have a shop in the future. Have some detail bays as well as have an automatic car wash setup... I`m sure some of you won`t agree w/ anything but a handwash though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Intel486
    My dream business is where I just sit at home and people just mail me money... :-D
    For just $99.95 I can tell you how to make that happen.. Just send your check to...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dream detailing business?

Originally posted by RUBigDog05
    Has anyone besides me ever had a dream about their ideal detailing business? I would love to have a nice-sized shop consisting of 3 bays(1 with a lift), neons, banners, my own office, a main office for a secretary and a showroom to put customers cars so they would be on display when they come pick it up. The showroom would be all glass windows with a black/gray checkered floor. Its only a dream for me right now...hopefully possible one day. I just want to have my name known very well, my business name on my cars, a mobile unit and to be afford nice equipment. Seeing what Orange County Choppers and West Coast Choppers has makes me think a lot about what I want. If it could only come true in the next 5 years. I need a lot more detailing experience first.
    I`d like that with about 5 trucks with mobile rigs to branch out to other markets.

Mod Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dream detailing business?

Originally posted by RUBigDog05
    Sounds good. I`ll check your shop out sometime. We travel out to MB at least twice a year. See ya soon!

PS if you need some help with the shop I`m willing to relocate. I`ve always thought a shop would do well there especially with cool loaner cars for the tourists while theirs is being detailed.

Post Thanks / Like
    this may seem very shallow to you, but hey, im a teenager!! my dream busines would be to have all these girls working for me, making money for me and such. maybe some kinda pyramind business... one girl polishes, one girl seals, one girl waxes, one girl does glass and tires, couple do interior...... very nice. getting away from that all, the first thing i would like to have is probably an enclosed garage. rite now, i dont have an enclosed garage, so my cars always get dust on them. second, i would llike to have way better storage, and maybe some really nice flooring. maybe some air conditioning in the garage would be nice. i want a garage that can be like my sanctuary, where i can have all my detail stuff, a car, some posters, some tools, etc etc.

girls + PC = hmmmmmm...........
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    I want`d my own shop, but I would like to put the freshly detail`d vehicle up on a special platform on the roof....and it would be going in a circular motion on the platform........
    so from the road everyone can look an admire...

Post Thanks / Like
    Im 22, for the last four years, I too had this dream, Theres something about Auto Detailing that I always liked. I started at a self serve car wash ( I worked for the owner) Made some fliers, bought some signs, It kept building more and more as time passed. I just got my own 2 bay garage at an awesome location in february.
    I spent about three months remodeling etc. but needless to say, I have way more cars than I can handle now.
    This can come true, but like a lot of people say, You have to work hard for your dreams to come true. I started detailing on weekends and worked other jobs to get what I wanted, now I have people working for me.
    The best advice I can give you is keep trying. You and only you can make this happen if you want it.
    DC has helped me extremely in this process as well.
    Last edited by Phil; 08-04-2004 at 06:55 PM.

Thread Information