Thread: Dots

DEEEETROIT BASKETBALL ScreeminGTP's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dots

I was detailing my car yesterday usuing Meg #9 with a PC 7424 and a 6 inch pad that I cleaned a couple of days ago. As I was detailing I would finish a panel then wipe off the residue off with a towel and these smudge marks would come up as I am wiping it down. Eventually they would come off but a lot of elbow grease to get it off. Could it be from the pad not being cleaned good enough. I used dish soap and soaked it in a bucket and kneed it until I got most of the product off, if not all.

: I hate to love black!

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Strictly a couple of shots in the dark.

Did you work the #9 until it was almost dry? It seems to remove much easier if you do.

Could it be spots of tree sap that you are softening and they then smear when you wipe an area? Tree sap is a real problem in my area right now.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Charles I think you were right on the first one. If you use too much product and not work it in as much as possible, the smears will be there. Ran into same problem with 3m SMR on black. Amazingly, the marks seem to disappear (pending you got all the product off) with a few finishing coats. Remember less is more...Put as much on the pad as you need. More isn`t better in most cases.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    No joke, I got use to using 3M Perfect-II Rubbing Compound and it did not go very far. I pulled out the Megs #9 and had to catch myself because I was about to use a TON of product.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Shine? That's not a shine Cujo31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got the same thing using 3Ms product and #9. Not often with #9 though, but now I use either Coat`s Products Mild Buff (until I run out ) and I have now starting using nothing but Poorboy`s with excellent results. I still have a gallon of #9 too .... lol
    I had such a bad time with the 3M for Dark Colors that I refuse to touch it anymore so that also is just sitting there. With the #9, I would only buff till I saw it begin to haze then move on. Once I had a panel done I would wipe off. I noticed if I continued to buff over the haze is when it would have that problem and was a bear to remove ... unless of course you shot it with a little QD.
    John ( aka Cujo31 )
    Custom Car Care LLC

Thread Information