Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Check this MF towel site out!

Let me edit/clarify..........I have and use and LOVE the MF towels that I got from Premium, I found the info below on a different site. Can anyone comment on the quality of the product? How do they compare to the ones Dwayne sells? How do you know a good MF from a low quality one?

MF Towel Site

Post Thanks / Like
    About those MFs. All MFs are not created equal. Some are very poor quality, so be careful what you buy. I bought some locally (3 for about $6) and they are not nearly the quality as the ones I have received from Premium.
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

Post Thanks / Like
    Pakshack and autofiber.com have some nice MF towels I have alot of MF towels from Viper and CMA when I got my order in the spring.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay so has anybody actually bought the towels in question? The reason I ask is they got a good review on another board I post on.
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings all,

I currently own a variety (14 towels - 9 different styles/sizes) of the MF toweling products offered by Vapor Clean. I like them all. I have a wide variety of MF towels (80+) from several different vendors (13). I really can`t say that I have bad towel (including the much mailgned NicSand towels) as they all have a place in my cleaning regimes household and automotive.

Post Thanks / Like
    So who can give the low-down on MF towel quality. It seems that I read (on the forum here) that the split-end type of towels are inferior to the full loop type. Is that correct? How does one tell the difference? I have some towels that I bought at a local parts store and I have some from Dwayne at premium (Viper I think). The ones from premium are of much better quality. I don`t have any other reference point.
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

Boss_429
    rt,

I believe you are correct. The "loops" are superior to the split end towels. However, I believe there is much more to a high quality MF towel than that.

Anyhow, I guess the best way to find the highest quality towels is to ask around. People who use them frequently pretty much know which ones are good, and which one to stay away from. A pro detailer, or enthusiast is not going to stick with a towel that scratches, or causes swirls.

Keep in mind that not all MF towels are made of synthetics. I see a trend starting toward some MF towels made out of natural fibers.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I am new to MF towels (all things considered). Ive seen some towels not stay together after 2-4 wash cycles.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow that`s pretty bad. Dwayne`s mf rags by the dozen last longer than that!
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know, gotta love the mom & pop killing Wal Mart.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss-
    I`m not trying to stir up trouble but my understanding of microfiber is that they must be synthetic and not natural. What natural fibers are they using? Microfiber is supposed to be of particular diameter (tiny like 10 micrometers or something). I am aware that they are predominantly produced from two polymers: polyamide and polyester of various blends. I also understand that they must be split fiber and that there are many ways to do this, some of which stink and hence the big quality difference. Non-split microfiber is actually water proof and is used for fabrics like those stain-defender khaki pants. I also was told that the way microfiber is assembled like fiber density and weave pattern makes alters their property as a cloth like durability, softness, water absorbtion, etc.
    I am not in the microfiber business so I don`t claim to be an expert (or know anything for that matter). I`d love to hear thoughts on these things I`ve been told.
    Thanks all.
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Boss_429
    rhillstr,

Have a look at this:

http://www.microfiberplus.com/better.htm

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read it Boss and it`s the same hype as any other mf mfg. ....those will scratch and ours won`t.....

Feel and durability are what most people are looking for...I have mf over 3 years old as soft as new ones and they never linted...then I`ve bought some store ones that started soft , then lost it after 15-20 washings and linted from day one and continue to lint. those of course are for door jambs and wheels

Microfiber as it was introduced to the vehicle enthusiasts market were a blend of Polyester and Polyamide ...80/20 or 70/30 ...
    I have some that are 100% Polyamide and they are soft and smooth as butter...can be machine washed and get softer with each washing....they do lint a little though...but for final buffing ..they are awesome...

I have a feeling this contoversy will continue from mfg to mfg and everyone should use what they like best
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Boss_429
    Poorboy,

I agree, but this was not a question of what will scratch, or won`t scratch, it`s was a question of the definition of Microfiber towels? Is a "Microfiber" only limited to synthetics?

At another highly publicized detailing site, they are also pushing a "NEW" buffing cloth that is supposed to be far superior to any previous MF towel for final buff, and QDing. Guess what it`s made from................... natural fibers!

I love this stuff................... it`s amazing how we sometimes come full circle! It wouldn`t surpise me, that in a couple of years, we will be raving about cotton MF towels (or natural fiber if you wish)!

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    The DFTowel Concours is counted in my collection. It is probably the softest toweling product I have, MF or 100% cotton. Not only is the towel soft, but the construction is among the very best. I personally reserve my DFT as a replacement for a CCD.

It has been my experience that any towel, MF or 100% cotton, can produce scratches if used incorrectly. This tested on a test CD.

There are many good MF towels, a few great ones, and even fewer poor ones. My suggestion would be seek out several vendors and purchase a few of their towels. The truly good (or great) towels you will identify as the ones you reach for when it`s time for your final buffing and QD work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information