Post Thanks / Like

hand application

Hi,
    I have noticed that when some poeple leave posts they suggest to apply the last coat of say EX by hand rather than PC. What benefit does this give you?

Also if someone could do me a favor could you tell me what the diameter of a s100 jar is and the 32 oz. bottle of VM is. I am making a detailers bag and I am still waiting to get these products and want to finish it today or tommorow.

Thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you apply the second coat by pc you will likely remove the previous coat. There is some chemistry type explanation of which I am not chemist, something about the PD`s that all liquid waxes/sealants have in them which when applied by pc give it a slight cleaning ability, hope this helps

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    :yeah

I have always assumed that a PC application of the 2nd coat of EX would partially remove some of the previous coat especially if the 2nd coat was applied close to 24 hours later. I wasn`t aware of PD`s in liquid waxes/sealants but it has always been a personal choice of mine to apply any additional coats of wax/sealants by hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    VM only comes in a 16 oz bottle. Everett has recently switched from a flask to a cylinder. So, the 16 oz cylinder is the same size as other products. I beleive it is about 7.75 inches tall and 2.4 or so inches in diameter.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    I was about to tell scout P he was wrong and it did come in a 32 oz bottle until I realized I ordered moose wax instead of vanilla moose. Woops! Moral of the story is do not sit on the computer all night and place an order at 2 am.

I believe someone (I think it was AWD330)
    mentioned that they wanted to try Moose wax as a topper for EX-P. Well I will be doing it next week so I will post picks.

How`s this for a line up:
    Clay
    SSR2
    PP
    S&W
    EX-P x 2
    Moose Wax x 2

Good Not good let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 89GTA
    I was about to tell scout P he was wrong and it did come in a 32 oz bottle until I realized I ordered moose wax instead of vanilla moose. Woops! Moral of the story is do not sit on the computer all night and place an order at 2 am.

I believe someone (I think it was AWD330)
    mentioned that they wanted to try Moose wax as a topper for EX-P. Well I will be doing it next week so I will post picks.

How`s this for a line up:
    Clay
    SSR2
    PP
    S&W
    EX-P x 2
    Moose Wax x 2

Good Not good let me know.
    Actually, it`s Carnauba Moose that I want to try as a topper. I wouldn`t suggest using regular Moose Wax as a topper because it is more of a one-step cleaner wax.

[edit for typo]
    Last edited by awd330; 03-18-2004 at 12:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    89GTA, I also agree with awd330. Carnuba Moose is what you need. Call Mr. Glass and I am sure he will exchange your bottle of Moose Wax for Carnuba Moose. Otherwise, Moose Wax works great for headlight lenses, shower doors, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: hand application

Originally posted by 89GTA
    Also if someone could do me a favor could you tell me what the diameter of a s100 jar is and the 32 oz. bottle of VM is. I am making a detailers bag and I am still waiting to get these products and want to finish it today or tommorow.
    A jar of S100 is 3.5" in diameter and 2.75" tall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the dimensions. I just ordered a bottle of Carnauba moose wax. I like to have a variety. Maybe one of these days I will actually get a chance to use some of this! We are getting 10" of snow tonight! I hate winter!:angry

Thread Information