Thread: Wg & Ex-p

Post Thanks / Like

Wg & Ex-p

Did a test on the SC430 since I have to remove the cobwebs anyway, so this is what I did.

WG is on the finish, maintained with QS and recently, Crystal Mist.

Prior to topping the WG, removed and dust etc with the new Megs Last Touch QD. Applied EX-P, waited only long enough for it to flash/haze and wiped off.

First impression was it dulled it a tad, but when I took the EX-P bottle and compared side-by-side topped/un-topped WG, the label seems much sharper.

Noticed now that it`s very bright, but deep. Interesting effect!

Also, just tested one small panel with SSR2.5 via hand and foam applicator. Seems to cut well and leave a nice shine. I have to set-up my canopy as my garage has no power.. yet. Then I`ll remove all the cobwebs via SSR2.5 and follow with Mez FP. Mostly done via PC as it does not really need RO-ZILLA since it`s light cobwebs.

Thanks to Steve and his elite crew on getting the products to me the very next day! Well done!!

Regards,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Deanski - How do you like Meg`s Last Touch? Can you provide a comparison to Final Detail?

BTW - Let us know if you notice any bonding issues between Last Touch and EX-P. I believe Last Touch (like Final Detail) contains silicones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are silicones bad for the paint?
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like

Last Touch

Well, it`s tuff to say, but just about same as FD. I`m not sure what they changed if any really.

Does shine up well though!

EX-P seemed to be OK with it so far, but then again this car never sees rain, and i don`t keep wax/sealant alone for very long..I`m always trying this and that to see how it effects/reacts.

The EX-P over the WG made it bright as hell! But it`s not that shallow reflective look, more deeper/wetter looking.

Now one coat is on, I may try QS as opposed to LT due to silicone in it, which makes ANY finish look wet, but doesn`t last long (silicone that is).

I`ll give it another coat of EX-P after the QS to remove any light dust, prints etc.

Damn it Wife still has the camara! Watch, it will be discharged and memory full too when I get it.

Going to test the LT on another car soon.. Geezz, I just unscrewed the top off a new gallon of Megs #80 Speed Glaze and the seal was damaged I guess some is in the polish, great! I have to return this one! Hope I have enough for tomorrow... damn it.. this blows! Oh well it`ll give me an excuse to p/u more LT.

Regards,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like
    There is your culprit right there, the EX-P on TOP of Last Touch. Last Touch is supposed to be full of silicones (good kind) like Final Detail. For one, if you applied EX right after Last Touch, you more than likely will have a bonding issue, as Sealants typically do not bond to Silicones. Silicones reflect awesome, and I typically do my final wipedowns with Final Detail before delivery. This is likely the reason for a less reflective look.
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like

Last Touch

Well after contacting Mike Phillips on LT, he summized it as "Improved" and now VOC compliant untill 2008. The silicones used are curable silicones in LT.

So far, no issues with EX-P and LT.

Only problem I had was when using LT as a QD, it streaked a little on the EX-P finish. It was the amount used and type of MF I used that produced that result. Spray was a bit much, although fine. Started to wipe with a Sonus Buffing MF (those are sweet-HEAVY NAP) and found that due to the density and thickness of the nap, it was more like sliding it around. I grabbed an ExcelDetail and Packshak MF to wipe again. This time, no problem & streak gone. Tested one more time, same problem. So I`m using LT but with a shorter nap MF. Could also be that the LT has closed the MF`s due to silicone so it doesn`t wick but drag the LT.

I really have to get some pics.. It shines like crazy and neighbors at our condo complex always have wonderful comments.

Regards,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like
    See some of my pics in this thread...

Deanski`s SC430 with EX-P

Regards,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)