Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zaino argument

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I did let the guy know what I was thinking. That whole board seems to think that Zaino is the god of all product lines.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    To spend an hour just washing your car is waaaaaaaaaaay too much time.
    Ok, I was staying out of this one until I read the above statement posted by The Fuzz. I`m not getting defensive here, but I easily spend an hour washing a car. Call me "slow", but I`m extremely methodical and "picky" when it comes to any aspect of detailing. Additionally, taking this much time hasn`t hurt business. My customers can always run down the street to the car wash and have a quick job done on their car. They can also grab a burger at the McDonalds drive-thru OR they can order filet mignon at a fancier restaurant... ;-)

BTW, notice how I seem to be avoiding the "Z" topic? The reason for this is because I`m one of those "Z" nuts. I order the stuff by the case. I can`t even start my day without my customary 3 cups of "Z"...
    On a more serious note - I do use the stuff, I think it is extremely durable, highly reflective, etc. etc. Empirically this has been tested and has come out on top - by non-Zaino enthusiasts.
    However, I also use other products. Some cars call out to me to rub them down with Collinite or Klasse. I even had a car that begged me to massage her with Mothers California Gold (I have no idea why, but I`m always happy to comply)... I give each one that I touch what they need... And it`s not always Zaino.

Onthespot
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

Post Thanks / Like
    Onthespot,

Fuzz is lightning fast when it comes to washing cars. I can`t keep up with him at all.

I usually take 2 hours from the time I start washing my truck until the time I have it completely dry.
    When I have one of my customers, who is a mobile detailer, wash my truck when he stops by to pick up products, his two man team is done in 20 minutes..... go figure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Fuzz

To spend an hour just washing your car is waaaaaaaaaaay too much time.
    Just like Dwayne and Onthespot, two hours in not unusual for me, and I have a small cavalier
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by onthespot
    BTW, notice how I seem to be avoiding the "Z" topic? The reason for this is because I`m one of those "Z" nuts. I order the stuff by the case. I can`t even start my day without my customary 3 cups of "Z"...
    Great! And it is no doubt an excellent product. The fact that you use it and don`t try to tell me I am stupid, (wife handles that), because I don`t use it is appreciated.
    Any of several products will do a good job if used correctly. A friend of mine used Finish 2001 on a white Corvette for years. It kind of bothered me, but that car always looked great for the 7 years he owned it. He never tried to convert me to 2001, either.

IMO, the way Dwayne at 4 Star and Forrest of Mother`s handle the promotion of their products shows some class. They don`t push, just answer the questions and make recommendations when asked. I like that.

Charles

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay this is quoted from another site, this is not me.

"
    You know.....Im not trying to get into a pissing match with you Dan...but have you really read the Zaino site?? All the info is there in plain english. NO SOLVENTS.....Mineral spirits fall into this category.
    NO ABRASIVES - NONE!

THe last time I saw something advertised as the best.....and it was..... That would be Zaino.
    Have you gotten your copy of the Most recent wax/polish test?
    Who came in first?? I do believe it was Zaino....again. I will be more than happy to get you a copy of it as soon as I can.

Seriously man....I dont care what people use...but I hate to see someone use something that is a potential danger to thier finish or more work for them.

As for what makes it easier to do a Zaino`d car than non.....its simple.....See since after a week/month or 2 or more unlike conventional waxes...Zaino is still there after a wash or 2 or 20. Its still protecting the paint. Bugs come off easier, bird poop, airborn contaminates, It all comes off easier.
    Even using a California Duster is easier....it slides across the car and does not drag like it has a tendency to do on carnuba/oil based products.

I dont have a "business" of sorts....I just do this on the side...but have been doing it for 15 yrs+ Learning more every day. So far there is nothing that will compare to Zaino...as far as I am concerned. I get all my business so to speak from word of mouth or just people coming up and asking me what I use. This happens on a regular basis and I do no advertising, funny thing is ....most the time....I havent done my car/truck in over a month when they ask.

"

This is also not me

"

Oh yeah..I couldnt have said it better my self.....Zaino is NOT a wax...Its a synthetic polish.

"

I dont know what to say to this guy. I am getting PMs left and right from people that want to know why I don`t use Zaino, since this guy does it must be the only thing you can wax your car with. He is actually convincing some of them that the stuff I use will HURT their paint. This is a potential huge outlet for buisness for me, but this guy is killing me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo of my repainted `84 Blazer - AIO/UPP`d about 8 weeks ago, all I did was wash n dry it.

It had numerous sprinkler spots and bugs on it.

Go figure.......

P.S. Took me about 25mins to wash and dry the whole truck and polish the windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan, just agree with them and make them happy.

Use whatever you like to use. Let them use whatever they like to use. There is no need to convert them to your way of thinking

I love cars and detailing and am very fortunate to be able to do what I love but life is just way too short to fight over which car care product is the best. Spend time doing what you love, not investing time and energy into arguments that you won`t win. Even if you do win.... what have you won? It is still time wasted when you could be with family, friends or detailing cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    I cant register there so I cant comment even if i wanted to

The security code thingy picture is busted on the registration page.

Bummer.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I could go out and detail a car right now, it would relax me quite a bit.

Too many other factors that are making me angry right now.

Thanks to everyone though.

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t mind Zaino users. I just don`t like people who gotta push whatever they think is best on the rest of the world. It doesn`t matter what they are selling or using. If you think Coke is as good as it gets, then fine. Drink it till your teeth rot out (5 to 6 months according to most studies. j/k). Just don`t be pushing your personal taste or belief on me. You`ll get the backside of my redneck hand.

Tell them that you don`t use it because you prefer not to. Ask them why they don`t use certian products. Its probably just personal preference. Or in other words, none of their damn business. lol Ask them if they respect the M. That`ll confuse them. lol Lots of Zaino users sport an M word anyway from what I can tell. Its a camaro thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Zaino on my black BMW and I was not impressed that much. Its for the weekend guy that works on his own car.

If you have to layer the product its a waste of time.

I wash my cars weekly and from starty ot finish I take about an hour . If its a new customer about 1.5 to 2 hours
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

rebmeM roinuJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m glad to know that this wasn`t written by you tassadar. That just sounded really weird. I may have to try zanio someday just so i can form an opinion about it. It seems pretty complicated to use so I may just have to find someone to use it for me.
    If you would just listen to me, other people won`t think you are as stupid as you really are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I guess I`ll jump into this one.

Zaino is very hard to work into a commercial business. It takes time, and lots of work. Maintaining that finish is easily done though. I put Zaino down on friends and family cars.

When I am short on time, skip the Zaino and go to Klasse. Both top notch products.

I have some Platinum II (or the newer stuff) in the mail (tried BF I and didn`t like it, pretty much stopped me from using Platinum I.)

I will be testing it soon against Zaino, and Poorboy`s EX.

I will recommend different products for different situations. I do favor Zaino yes, but different products do perform well for their situations. Klasse is hard to beat, it has puts up a great fight with Zaino. Platinum does its thing with a compromise between a carnauba look and polymer protection (sort of like a inbetween product, looks like a carnauba but does not quite last as long as a polymer.)

detailed by hans - how do you manage 5 coats of Zaino in 1 day? Most is 3 with ZFX. Unless you have a miracle product from Sal.

Hmm. Tassador is 17? I`m only 2 years older and I JUST got my driver`s license on July 7.

Smoker - Yes I know you hate Zaino, but Anthony should be getting his samples by next week. Give it a whirl see what you think. You may hate it, you may like it. Just please post your findings to me. The Z12 glass polish is hard to beat. Makes glass invisible.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah im 17, what of it?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information