Thread: PC Question

Post Thanks / Like

PC Question

I want to buy the PC, but I am truly confused about what configuration and pads to get. There is just so much information and different setups out there. So- Exactly what do I need and how many of each pad type should I buy? I want to be able to remove light swirl marks and I really don`t want to get into anything too aggressive and I probably will still wax/seal by hand.

wayne
    with the pc you will want to get
    1- velcro backing plate(6")
    2- counterweight for the larger backing plate(6")
    3- 2 finishing pads
    4- 2 polishing pads
    5- 2 cutting pads
    This "should" get you started...

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont waste yer time or money buying different counterwieghts.

I use 6.5 and 7.5" pads on mine without changing the weights and it makes bugger all difference.

Plus buying 2 of each pad is overkill.
    I bought a finishing pad and never used it.

Maybe 2 cutting pads for compunding and a polishing pad for applying polish/glaze.

p.s. The white pad u get with the PC is awesome for using with liquid metal polish and shining up chrome :p

wayne
    WOW! now he`s really gonna be be confused...
    I guess it is depending on the quality of finish and if you want to have to wash the pad every time you switch products.
    For example
    2 cutting pads, depending on what you are working on, fine cutting compound and DACP.
    2 polishing pads, SMR and polish.
    2 finishing pads, AIO and SG.
    These are only examples of what you can use them for.
    I absolutely hate to have to stop and wash out a pad just to apply a new product.
    For example, you are working and everything is going great, then you notice a bad spot that the fine cut compound is not removing. Do you "really" want to have to stop and wash out the pad, apply DACP, remove the bad spot, wash out the pad, reapply fine cut, etc, etc.
    With the velcro backing plate all it takes is about 5 seconds to remove and replace a new pad..., not to mention the amount of product wasted not having the extra pads...,
    What if you hit a piece of trim, accidentally tearing the pad?
    Do you want to stop what you are doing and have to either get online, pay shipping Again, OR run up town and pay taxes on what will probably be a pad at a higher cost, if you can find one on the day you are detailing(usually weekends for the enthusiest, when most detail supply stores are closed)..., of course you do have the option of using the damaged pad and "introducing" swirls to the finish you are trying to polish out in the first place...
    See what I mean, it is ALWAYS BEST to be prepared.
    The counterweight is meant for the larger pads and plate, cuts down on excessive vibration, and at about $3..., I don`t think it will break the bank for better performance.
    Just curious to others ideas on this subject...,
    Personally, I have a couple of boxes of pads, but I have been known to go overboard at times

Thread Information