Thread: Just Saying Hi

Post Thanks / Like

Just Saying Hi

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone. I happened to be looking for Meguires detailing products to help remove scratches and swirl marks for my car as well as to give it that nice wet look that I like and up popped this website. I am deployed and even though garaged my finance` notices that my SUV does not look as good as it always did when I was home, perhaps because I used to wax it just about every weekend. Is that excessive??? Any way, I look forward to picking all of your brains in hopes of coming closer to attaining that perfect shine. I am also considering starting my own detaling business because I just enjoy it so much. I hope that your advice will help to put me on the right track. I have detalied a few cars other than my own before and they were satisifed but there is so much more I just don`t know. I am really excited to be on this board. Has anyone esle gotten out of bed at midnight or up before the crack of dawn to wax their vehicle, or is that just abnormal behavior.

R3
    It`s better upside down and in the dark...!

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    He there R3, welcome to DC. Glad you found our little spot on the web.

As for your "excessive" behavior, join the club. Trust me, you are not alone LOL. Matter of fact, I just came in from what was supposed to be just a walk down the driveway to grab the Sunday morning paper and ended up wiping down my wife`s Taurus (rained overnight) then a QD session. THis all while in my Sponge Bob boxers LOL. Thank God the woods shield my yard from the neighbors otherwise they`d most likey call the cops on me.

So you see, we`re all sort of like minded here. Obsessive Compulive Disorder is the norm.

BTW...what branch are you in? Whatever one it is, thanks for the sacrifices you make in your service to our nation. It is appreciated by more people than you may think.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars has good products...but if your open for some other products ..try Poorboys SWR II and other products and the PLatinum line...lots of posts here about them and for wax`s s100 is good and if your rich...Souvran...
    jeff

http://www.premiumautocare.com/productlines.html

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Just a hello

Hi all;

I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I have been detailing in a couple of different shops and this fall I am leasing a shop and starting my own business. I can`t wait to be my own boss. Anyways I just want to say hi.
    osti-----Soon to be Car Craft Detailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in the Marine Corps. DC feels like a home away from home already. I might not ever touch that SUV again but I will get lots of good tips for the next one. My finance` is shopping for a new Pathfinder for me so this time I get to start taking care of it right and not have to deal with a pervious owners neglect.
    I know a lot of the excitement for the war has passed but we still have to prepare to next time. So we are all still over here pounding away hoping to be home by Christmas. It is good to have support from so many people.
    I think I am giving my Fiance` the detailing bug. She used to dislike that I spent so much time on the vehicles but one Saturday Morning I detailed her 2002 Accord. It is silver and ligth colors are a little difficult for me as the efforts are hard to see until you take a step back but she was pleasantly surprised. I think I can get that buffer past her now. She will probably be on this board before too long as well. It`s good to be here, despite the fact that mullets aren`t allowed in our beloved Corps.
    R3
    It`s better upside down and in the dark...!

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by REACTOR `03
    It`s good to be here, despite the fact that mullets aren`t allowed in our beloved Corps.
    R3
    ROFLMAO! Good one.

Semper Fi!

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to DC ...and we hope you come home soon

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NattyBumppo
    [BI just came in from what was supposed to be just a walk down the driveway to grab the Sunday morning paper and ended up wiping down my wife`s Taurus (rained overnight) then a QD session. THis all while in my Sponge Bob boxers LOL.

Natty that`s not a site I wanted to visualize before breakfast
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Thread Information