Thread: A New Way?

Post Thanks / Like

A New Way?

Dear Gang,
    I have listened, lurked and occasionally posted on this forum for nearly two years. I went from seldom washing my car to regularly washing it. I had never waxed a car before and now CLAY and Wax every three months. Thanks for all the help and advice provided to me and other new posters.

But, now I want to go a new way.

I own a 2002 Camry. I am the only owner so the paint is in pretty good shape. My primary goal is protecting the paint. Due to time constraints I want to make two changes:

1) Washing. I want to switch to a "Brush." A wash mit has been my primary wash tool, to date. Recently I purchased a brush that looks like a push broom. This brush is much faster to use. It is very soft and has soft sides to avoid marring the paint. Is this OK? Do these things work? Is it OK on the finish?

2) Waxing. My life has gotten pretty busy in the past few months and finding the time to clay/wax every 2-3 months(I live in florida so it needs to be done often) has been hard. I am thinking of switching to AIO. everything I`ve read says easy to apply and lasts 6 mos. Will it adequately protect if used alone? How much durability/Shine will the high gloss Sealant/glaze add?
    Is AIO really that easy to use? Is it as good as I`ve read, as a stand alone protectant?

Thanks alot for the input.

Jason.
    Pag

Post Thanks / Like
    Heck no Jason, AIO won`t last that long!! I hear ya on things getting busy, and I just sent my brothers down some supplies to use in Melboune. I use a similar brushing tool for larger SUV`s, RV`s, and Boats, and have not ran into any swirling/scratching problems yet. I do make sure I put the head into a Publix bag tied up to keep it from the dust and stuff. For durability, I would use something like Poorboy`s EX-P, which is a pure polymer. It goes on and comes off so easy. This is coming from a guy who has used both!
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

South Atlanta Details AtlantaBoy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I`m with Nick, I use a green brush on nasty SUV`s and Vans too. So if you make sure it is clean all the time it shouldn`t hurt. I like AIO, but it is pricey and doesn`t last 6 months......

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out the carwash brushes from OXO.
    Ric
    3Dog Garage
    HOGtailing is my business

Thread Information